Crap!!!!

Wish

• Baller_
Ok, pulled my platform off my 1997 SN. Flipped it over and noticed a little wood rot. Started to take it apart...now a lot of wood rot. Do not know if it is salvageable. Anyone have one laying around. Missed one on SIA by one day. 1997-2001 should fit. Any alternatives..layered star board? Who makes these things..desperate. HELP!

• Administrators
@wish you are the new leader in the worst possible thread title contest. You are pretty much the Nate Smith in this contest. I should just send you your trophy now.as soon as I can find some plastic or rubber dog shit online I'll send it to you. (if the about tex is too harsh- it was meant to be funny and I am on narcotic painkillers)

• Baller_
Was the word ...sorta... I used repeatedly when I saw how bad it was. Was gonna edit it but now I cant.. Wait did I just get compared to Nate Smith...? Somehow I am ok with that.

Teak World is great, but it will cost you. You might try Ski N Sports, which is my local Correct Craft dealer. They had a bunch of used Nautique platforms stacked up a couple of years ago and asked me to pass the word along. Their number is 903-509-1754. Ask for Matt and tell him you heard about it from Doug. I don't get a kick back or anything, but they have treated me well and I want them to know that I send business their way when I can. You can also email Matt at skinsportsparts@yahoo.com. Good luck.

• Baller

If cost is your driving factor and you just can't muster up the coin for a new platform, you could always cover your existing teak or buy new wood boards and cover it with EVA foam like Seadek, Blacktip, Hydroturf, etc. I know a lot of people love teak but I'm in love with the softness of a padded platform.

At the expense of this sounding perverted, I like Blacktip. It's cheap, holds up well to sun and wear, comes with pressure sensitive adhesive already installed, and comes in a variety of colors and patterns. I use gray diamond plate foam on my platform. Only bit of warning is that colors like green, red, blue, etc will fade pretty bad if left in the sun uncovered. A sheet is $61 and I can do my platform 3 times with one sheet.

This is my platform after 2 years of constant sun. Scuff the surface, press it in place, heat the edges so they curl around nicely, and super glue the edges.

t0812qj5suuh.jpg

• Baller

I bought one of those in 2003 in Plattsburg, NY. Used it on Lake Chateaugay in Merrill, NY. Trailered it to WA, then moved back to NH, then moved back to WA........... Sold it in 2009. It had 100 hours when I bought it and a few hundred when I sold it. One of the only things I ever made money on. Made $2000 on it after using it for 6 years!

More on topic...... you could just repair with wood products and cover in outdoor carpet. I have a buddy that did that and it works nice. His is like a carpet sock that can come off to be cleaned or to allow things to dry.

• Baller

Correctcraftfan.com had a source to make platforms for most of the CCs. Have not checked in a while to see if available. They were not inexpensive, but they were well done. Also, a bunch of folks on that site have rebuilt, or built new platforms from scratch. As mentioned, Jatoba and other alternative woods have been used. I'm told Jatoba is harder than teak.

BKH