Fogman Release Mounting Plate

DuRoc

Please keep us updated I love my Fogman's but got off of them to try other skis.

@9400 do you have the plate drawn up in a cad file? I know of a hydrojet company close to me that could cut it. I also have a contact at a local metal wholesaler.

• Baller
@Sherwood, no cad file. I just made it to fit the ski I was trying. Brought it in from the ski edges about 1/4", made it a couple inches longer than my plate + the release units, bought a couple of new release units from Terrence. The first try, my release units were too far apart and I ejected through the first gate shot. I have filled those holes in with JB Weld and haven't drilled the new ones yet, but will probably try it this weekend.

• Baller
@Sherwood I might be able to help with plates, but I do not have the demensions for the Fogman hole pattern. However I have mounted Fogman boots to the OB4 release system for a few skiers. It would feel similar when skiing and release more reliably in certain falls.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller

I purchased a G10 plate for a fogman system about 3-4 years ago from a guy on SIA, I believe his name was Rob Clark.

I still have the system, complete, and am willing to part with it if anyone is interested.

Before incorporating this plate I made my own adapter plate from aluminum to try it on a variety of skis.

I'd caution anyone in the DIY market on the fogman system. It's a pretty precise tolerance you're working with here to insure proper release. Too loose and pre-release sucks. Too tight and you'll break your ankle from a crushing OTF fall while going around 4 ball at -35... just saying.

Rob's system was / is dialed in and worked very smoothly for me. I've since upgraded to Reflex.

So... complete system, G10 plate(s), boots and liners (size 12) all for the taking if anyone wants them.

• Baller
I don't see any greater exposure in a DIY plate than the normal mounting of the release units on a ski. You have to be precise in that as well. Just mount the system on the plate using the same set of instructions that were supplied with the Fogman system.

Sorry to say that Rob passed away awhile back. Great guy and a good friend. He was a master at the Fogman set up.

I created the CAD files for Rob in all sizes for the release plate, boot plate, and releases. I'm not interested in making any parts but I would pass along the 3D SolidWorks files to anyone interested. These are not old school 2D drawings. They are 3D solids for CNC machining.

• Baller

@jrs - sorry to hear that?! I spoke with Rob on the phone after purchasing the plates to insure I was mounting everything up right. Seemed like a real solid dude. My best to his friends and family.

@DuRoc I'll happily pass off the plates I have, I have your contact info, I'll circle back soon.

@duroc might be worth having a look at the Connelly Stealth setup specifically the adapter plate. essentially its fogmans release mechanism and bar with Connelly Boots.

I reckon it will fit.

http://www.h2oproshop.com/connelly-stealth-64122319.html

however its no G10, they utilise some 3M double sided ultra strong adhesive on tip and tail of the plate to reinforce it to the ski along with the standard screws.

I bought 2 plate setups, 1 stays on my ski and I have a loose one to test other skis with (gentle) without sticking the 3M down.

@DuRoc YOU KIDDING ME?! christ I better go around buying up all the setups in my size!

are you sure as I got my setup early last year from H20, then had to get some bits from Connelly direct (backup pieces) touch wood I haven't had to use any of them. however my boots are looking a little beat up these days general wear and tear. may get another set just incase...

@swerveit , I wish I were wrong. I have called H20 multiple times trying to get something close with no luck. As far as the rest of your system you should be good. My Fogman system has been rock solid for over 10 years other than a few buckles. M2 in Winooski VT can take care of your buckle needs: http://www.ratchetingbuckles.com/ratchet-buckles-ladder-straps/0-70-traditional-buckle-receptor-tb7/.

@DuRoc .

I'm using the actual Connelly stealth boots which I've now got very used too. they seem solid for another season but I'm worried, especially with synthetic leather/ lace up..... they've taken a beating and i know how difficult it is switching boots.

looks like I'm going to have to scavenge the world to find these boots...