Make your plans to ski in Average Joes vs. Women Pros and 36 mph head to head!

EricKelley

• Baller

These cash prize tournaments will be held at the tail end of the Southern Regionals and will benefit In His Wakes Ministries. The 34 mph division will feature men and women 34 mph skiers competing against each other in 2 rounds of record qualifications and then a nighttime head to head final. Last year Regina took the top prize and she is coming back to defend her title this year.

There will be a 36 mph cash prize tournament as well. We need all participants whether you think you have a chance to win or not. We want to support In His Wakes with as big a donation as we can make.

There will be practice under the lights on Friday night for anyone who wants to give night time skiing a try. Last year we pulled skiers until 1 a.m.

Any vendors wanting to donate prizes to give out, these will be very welcome as well.

Thanks, Eric

• Baller
There will be an included banquet on the lake shore Saturday after the 34 qualifications for all the skiers competing in the tournament. We will have Tshirts and "door" prizes as well. Auctions to benefit IHS will be held. One of the great features of the tournament will be that the competitors and spectators will never have to leave the lakeshore. All the food restroom facilities, vendors, and starting docks will all be on the same side of the lake.

• Baller

See kentuckywaterski.org for details.

Tournament drivers will be pulling practice on Friday and Most of Friday night.

The north lake is a very cool place to watch slalom at night. There is a point for an electrical transmission tower that is only several feet away from the boat path near the entrance gates. It looks like the boat is flying at night and the skiers can really hear the crowd.

• Baller
No certain qualifications to enter. You will ski 2 rounds of record qualification. The top 16 skiers in qualifications will go to the head to head portion. The fun part of this format is that you never know what is going to happen. I have seen 1 seeds get there gates called and number 16 advance. No skier is ever "safe." It is a great format to watch and learn and meet some great people.

• Baller

@drewski, you got it. The 36 qualifications will go off Saturday afternoon. We figured the younger guys would do better a little later in the day. If you have any questions about travel etc.. give me a shout. Glad your coming.

@Schafer, Yes Canadians are very welcome, come on down. July 25, 26.

• Baller
For those who don't know the Firkin guy, Bruce, blew out his bicep training to redeem himself from his defeat in the first round of the tournament last year against Regina. He was training extra hard for this year and his season came to an end. Regina, I heard, breathed a sigh of relief to know Bruce wasn't going to be lurking in her bracket. Thanks to fin firkin for their generous donation.

• Baller
The fall of the Firkin guy may have been intentional.....(could be a faked injury, I was there) I'm thinking Regina was tired of his trash talking and he knew what she might do with that 2 ball. The Firkin guy has agreed to having his boat there to pull the tournament and provide a special FIRKIN's to the top 16 but I doubt he will show! I will be looking for my signed edition Firkin as he stated when my bouy count exceeded his he would produce it and his spiral has begun!! I'm looking forward to a fun tournament!!!

• Baller
This is exactly what I expected. All of us on this topic were having a nice conversation and then you know who chimes in. I feel I am always having to right his wrongs. I am bringing my boat all the way from North of Cincinnati to Paducah for this great event and numb nuts starts saying I won't show. If he had a brain he would have it outside playing with it. And I will have 16 one of a kind customized Finfirkins for the top 16 skiers with me. And yes my buoy count has started its erosion due to the fact I have one arm that I would sell right now for loose change. By seasons end Timmy will only need to get up on one ski to surpass me. Who wouldn't be proud of that pinnacle.

• Baller

Only 16 firkins? But there will be 32 finalists with the 2 divisions!

I'm also curious as to why the cash prize is SIGNIFICANTLY larger for the 34 skiers, as well as why only they get the night finals... seems a bit biased. Or is it simply that a larger turnout is expected for 34?

• Baller

@drewski The entry fee for 36 is $100 to try to be more in line with the budget of the typical collegiate/younger skier and the purse is less. We would like it to be more! Hopefully if we can get some more sponsors we can do this. The purse is higher for the 34 intentionally as we are having pro women compete who need this money to make a living. We are working on sponsors donating money specifically to podium finishing women. We want to see them making good money skiing. Unfortunately there are not a large number of events for the women these days.

As far as the night thing, I would like to have it at night as well but it is not possible without doing the final Friday night which is not possible with the Regionals schedule. It is on the agenda of things to do. You can come practice though.

• Baller
Drewsk32, the lower entry helps the younger guys thus the purse is lower. There is not another head to head for the younger guys. I drove them last year and can assure you they had a blast! They were all very thankful of the tourney and I heard many times from them that they hoped it was held again.

• Baller
We are taking 40 skiers in the 34. If you want to ski, you better get your entry in soon. Slots are filling up. We have some good skiers coming and it will be a fun event. Banquet tickets for friends, spouses, etc.. will be available at registration.

• Baller

Looks like we will have the number one woman and man at our tournament. Regina and Nate will both be skiing. Nate will be skiing the 36 handicapped.

Kentucky 811 has donated Visa gift cards to be awarded to skiers for best rounds.

Practice will be available most nights starting Wednesday after the conclusion of Southern Regional events. Friday morning, the 34 drivers, Tim Mckune and Lyman Hardy will pull practice on the 34 lake. Practice will continue under lights Friday night. Practice will be available first to skiers registered for the head to head, then will be extended to anyone wanting to ski at night. I encourage everyone to take a stab at this!