Junior Girls Ski Recommend

skutsch

Ok folks, worked with the neighbor girl last summer and got her transitioned all the way to a slalom ski. She is showing big time interest, getting up to go ski with her Dad at 5AM. Her Dad asked me what kind of combo set he should get, looking to give her a new slalom ski to ride, I told him I didn't think a combo set was a good direction to go to get a slalom ski. So looking for a good recommendation for a slalom ski that will be a good rider, probably won't see a course, just a bunch of free skiing. Want it to last for a few years, currently she is 13 years old, maybe 5'2" doubt she is even 100lbs - she is a competitive dance person, when she is not at the lake. Anyway, interested to hear if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

• Baller
any of the junior skiis should work fine, they are all really good. Depending on her actual size, a Radar Lyric is a really good ski that is far cheaper than any of the others in the comparable ability range. My wife is on a lyric and working on learning the course. I think they come in a 63 which should be fairly close to her size. IF you want to save some cash look at ski-it again. If not look on this site sponsors and they are all really good at fitting you with the right size. Don't go with the combo skiis, they don't turn the same as a slalom ski.

• Baller

Bought my daughter a Radar Lyric this spring and she really likes it even though she seems to darned busy to get out on it very much with me.

She it was easier out of the water and she feels better on top of it.

Hope that helps???

Thanks everybody for the great info, now have some stuff to think about. Actually using this information for a couple of different folks. I have 3 girls, 17, 15 and 12 - probably not going to get a one size fits all for all three girls, but sounds like something in the 65" is what we should be looking for. Family 2 has a 13 year old that the 63 Radar lyric sounds like might be perfect - I will pass along the info.

The "neighbor girl" referenced by skutsch is my daughter. Whoduh thunk a 12 year old girl would get up at 4:30 am for a 5:30 dock time with one her Dad's ski buddies! Since getting her up on a line over the weekend consistently (in an under powered boat with a super crappy slalom from a combo) she was cutting both sides of the wake in no time looking pretty darn good. She is a well built and extremely strong athletic girl at about 5' 6" 125-130 lbs. I'm looking for a good slalom ski for her to call her own and continue to increase the excitement factor for her. She is highly motivated. I'm thinking I want to put her on a 64-65" ski so she can continue to develop on it for several years maybe even in to high school. Something with a decent binding/toe plate for a decent price. I'll check out the radar lyric and the D3 but might be limited on availability as I'd prefer something lightly used. Thanks for the feedback and thanks skutsch for more than simply starting this thread.