The TSC Hull

ozski

• Baller
So I climbed under the (2005) 196 today for a bit of look around. That TSC hull is a work of art, lots going on under there, very different to the LXi that's for certain! Not a mark on it by the way. How does the underside compare visually to the 200? Every time I am around a 200 its on the water...

• Baller
I'm not a hydrodynamic engineer but to me it seems like Nautique has traditionally and through many generations of hulls tried to execute the task of having a boat that tracks very solidly and sits deeper in the water while also having a very good slalom wake. When I drive any DD Nautique from the 1990 "no wake zone" hull up to a modern 200 through the course my first observation is how solid/smooth they feel, like being carved out of a single billet of material, and my second observation is how incredible the tracking is. All of the boat brands have their fans and advocates for various reasons but these two attributes are undeniable.

• Baller
What about the others - Mastercraft and Centurion, do they have similar elaborate type designs? And here is another thought, will we ever get to the point where you can tweak your "hull" settings in some way like we do with skis? The Hydrogate is pretty crude system when you think about it..

• Baller
My opinion, nothing tracks better and is easier to drive than a Nautique. I can't speak for Centurion as I've never been behind the wheel. The 05 model you reference is a pleasure to drive and the wake is a mere suggestion