ZR6 issue

Andy

• Baller

The 06 ZR6 is having an idle issue. Boat starts right up and settles into appropriate idle. Going into gear no problem. The issue is into and out of gear when picking up skier or trying to get on the lift. Appropriate in gear RPM but when it goes back to neutral, it'll rev between 1000-1300 for a second or two. What do you guys think...throttle control position sensor or throttle body assembly or both?

Thanks in advance.

• Baller
The .06 still had a throttle cable. Since initial start is ok and the problem only manifests itself going in and out of gear, I would start with a check / adjustment of the throttle cable. Open the motor box, open the slide on the ball connector on the throttle cable connector at the throttle body, make sure it is not touching the throttle arm, and shift in and out of gear. If it still does it, that isn't the problem. If it works correctly with the throttle disconnected, readjust. Make sure there is some pressure on the throttle arm when in nuetral. Also, make sure the throttle cable moves freely and is not stiff/sticking.

• Baller
So I lived with this annoyance since July. I followed above trouble shooting ideas andI changed the TPS but it didn't fix the issue. Now the dealer says there is an update for the ECM that he thinks will resolve the problem. Any of you know about this update? Thanks.