What would you pay to add Zero Off to a boat?

E_T

• Baller

I love PP. But ZO is significantly better. The driver is no longer a factor at all. Whether the pull matches a tournament pull is not as important as the consistency you will get from the boat.

Modernizing an old carburetor boat plus ZO? Priceless.

@E_T Would a V6 be adaptable?

Eric

• Baller
With respect to feeling a difference between a Nautique 196 and a 200 with ZO, I ski my 196 on C2, then the next day ski a 200 on C2 and feel no difference. Both great, consistent, similar feel. MWN

• Baller
I am pretty happy with my 97 Nautique GT-40 PP Z-Box with the latest software. I feel no difference and ski exactly the same as behind the ZO boats. One thing I notice is that every brand and every year of each model of ZO boat feels a little different.

• Baller
@E_T I get it. But, for me, that would be my threshold. It's not worth more than that on a 1200 hour boat that skis just fine just to get a zo pull. If I had a carb or needed a repower it would be a different answer.

• Baller

@E_T I have an old American Skier. I'm playing with it doing a couple experiments with it. And its engine is a bit tired (something to do with it inhaling the wing nut from the air cleaner and beating up cylinder #3). It is a little boat, a V6 might be perfect for it (at least for slalom, trick and my level of jumping). The Chevy V6 has the same bolt pattern as the 350 so transmission adapters should be easy to get to work. A ZO American Skier with a hot V6 might be awesome.

Eric