Skiing with Scott Smith in Cancun

desmonipoux

Hi everyone

For many years now, we love to go to cancun to ski.

We stay at club med which is a great place for the kids and for us as well and we use to ski with Scott Smith outside the club.

Scott as always been very nice to us, very patient , good coach and friendly.

The water conditions are great, there is no wind, the water is flat and very warm.

We have been there 6 times so far, most of the times 2 weeks in August.

So last February, we decided to go to cancun again.

I called Scott to confirm his availability, booked with him 3 sets a day for 2 weeks for my wife and I.

He was on time the first day and we had 3 good days of skiing.

We had heared in the past some bad stories about Scott but with us, he had always been almost on time and in good shape.

But the fourth day he did not show up.

I called him, I texted him, but could not talk to him.

The fifth day he arrived 2 hours late with a crazy explanation concerning his truck that did not start.

I don't know why but I then gave him some money for the 3 first days of ski, without calculating the exact amount (I gave him a little more than I owed him).

Then he never came back.

Never.

I talked to him once and he gave me an appointment, he did not make it.

He called me to give me another appointment, he did not come. Then nothing.

We are now in cancun for 13 days and hopefully, we could ski at club med early in the morning in good conditions.

I am not here to destroy Scott's reputation, but what he has done to us is not acceptable and should be known by all of us so other skiers won't be disappointed again.

It was our last time in cancun, next time we will go to Saint Martin or Costa Rica again, 2 other nice places with great people and good ski conditions.

Nicolas, from France.

PS : Scott, if you read those words, you should be ashamed, and you still owe me some money...

• Baller
We were in Cancun a few years ago. While there we went snorkeling on some reefs off the coast. The marina we went to had the small outboards we took out as a group, and what I think was an old Centurion with what looked like 10,000 +/- hours on it. I remember making a mental note to self "Self, be careful of planning a skiing trip to Cancun". The snorkeling was good though...

• Baller

Exactly what @wtrskior said: pq 2.

Try to search the members list but couldn't find it.

pq2 is your best bet!Nice guy!

He was very active on the MC forum for a while and was always offering rides to peoples vacationing in Cancun...

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!