Connely GT

DanE

• Baller_

Actually, Ed, the 16 has a stiffer tip.

I've been having trouble getting my 15 dialed in. I was running my front binder at 29 9/16. Moved it to 29 1/4 between rounds at a tournament this weekend. Now I think it's about right.

Lpskier

I never could get my '15 dialed. Made some ferocious turns, but never knew what was coming next. If I was very precise in body position into ball it was great. Unfortunately precise is not something I'm capable of. Gave up on it after a month. I'm a crappy ski tuner so probably somebody who knows what they are doing could get it to work. My big issue was sometimes it would not come back around after tipping it up on edge. Just kept motoring down the course. Every now and then it would come around hard and hook up quick.

• Baller

I had this ski since mid may but due to some knee issues I never commited to try it out.

Sure, I took a few stabs but didn't feel anything worthwhile getting off my trusty Mapple 6.0.

Since the season is winding down with still decent watertemps I mounted the binders and tried again. I'm on fin settings I got recommended from Joel Howely: 2.529 6.823 .750 8deg wing (34 mph). Front Reflex @ 29.125 67" ski.

When I get it right this ski makes it feel like cheating, in fact driver accused me of running the mini course when I was just cruzin @32 off. Have only two sets so far with this setting but I think I will leave it there for now.

Have to ski with a different mindset as this ski creates so much space, I for example must focus on back arm pressure a tad longer to make the momentum last from apex to hookup, otherwise I will turn before the buoy.

More patience in the turn is rewarded, just let the ski do it's thing and it comes around nicely backsiding the buoy.

In fact if I focus on being stacked, feel the pressure in the hand of my back arm and to not rush the turn it feels like the course has collapsed and gotten narrow.

The Mapple 6.0 was (maybe still is) a favorite for me because it's ability to turn on demand, it is a very forgiving ski that might have let me getting away with things I probably should have got rid off.

The GT does not have quite the same ability but it turns just as well if not even better when I ski with a plan. Skied right it gets so early that I really have to more or less complete the turn before I reach the buoy backsiding it when moving to hookup, a great feeling!!!

And, it turns really sharp on both sides!

Have done some silly things and I do not know if it's even possible to have the fin blow out, sits very secure in the water still low effort holding angle.

• Baller

I got a set on a 67 GT this weekend. Very impressed. Toesides were automatic and sweet. Fast from side to side. Heelside turns can't say for sure because my toeplate moved mid-set and was hanging over the edge of ski by 1/4". (Connelly pattern must be unique?)