3 possible options to choose from

Uprising

• Baller

Hello

I'm into slalom skiing for about 3 years now ( before I was using mainly comboski and a wakeboard ) and have come to the point where I want to get my own ski.

After some research I was able to choose 3 different skis that I possibly want to get. Those would be the HO Superlite TX with xMax Binding and xMax RTP, the HO TX with xMax Binding and xMax RTP or the HO Freeride with Free Max Binding and Free Max RTP. I really can't decide which one to choose and need some advice.

Also I want to get some good combo skis for my younger brother and wanted to ask if anyone has some experience with the HO Burner Pro Combo Waterskis ?

( Seems like I'm a huge HO fanboy :smiley: )

• Baller

@Mastercraft81SnS I'm skiing at anything from 26 mph to 34 mph and sometimes even 24 or 36 on really bad and really good days. Often free skiing but also going for the course regulary.

That's also why i came to those 3 options but I already thought that the Superlight might be a bit overkill. Can anyone give some advantages of the Superlight compared to the normal non carbon fiber skis ?

I don't really like the outlaw since it looks sooo big and big daddy like so I don't think that I really need it with my weight being at 165 lbs. The P6 seems to be really similar to the Theory but I don't know if I really like the concave with those flat spots on the side ... prefered clean edge to edge designs on the skis I used so far.

I would think the TX is the best option. It would be good for what your looking for, but not sure about 34mph. The freeride is made for speeds like 24mph to 26mph. The superlight is not worth the money and for the price you can buy alot better ski. I do like the clean edge my self I ski on a ho CX and I have skied 28off at 34mph. Your going to have to upgrade when you start skiing at 34mph and 36mph regularly.

• Baller

Hi @Uprising,

You are talking about a fairly broad range of boat speeds. The 67" TX shape is going to be your best bet for a combination of open water and course skiing. The Freeride is going to top out at 26-28 mph and is really intended to be skied at longer line lengths behind any boat in open water...not a ski that was really intended to be taken in the slalom course. I would agree with @Mastercraft81SnS comment about not needing the Superlite model if you're skiing the course at slower speeds. Advantages are lighter weight and livelier feel off the ball through the second wake.

Hope this helps!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
@Uprising Burner Pro Combos are not really intended to be skied too aggressively as a slalom ski. They are really meant for doubles and dropping a ski. They are roto-molded construction as opposed to compression molding which is much better suited for the forces at play in a slalom course. However, for 2016 we do also now make a Burner Slalom ski which is compression molded. Still though, your best bet based on what I've heard is going to be the TX.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations