2003 Obrien mapple

SkiNautique7

• Baller

Okay, I got through my email and here is the exact words Andy himself gave me when I asked him these numbers :

"The settings for that ski should be a little deeper to control the aggressive roll the ski has in its design: 6.850, 2.515, 0.80, and boots at 30"-30.25"

I started slaloming 2 years ago (I am 59years old 6'2'' and 175pound), I am skiing on Lake of Geneva in Switzerland and I am loving it even I run the course at 30mph. I tried 32mph and 34mph (my goal) and I can feel the ski like the speed and it react better at 34mph than 30mph.

I still have at my office the stock setting and I will put them tomorrow.

I wish you a great ski with that ski, so stable when crossing the wake and it is kind of "collector" if I follow John Horton's comment.

Horton was trying to politely tell you that that ski, and most any ski made before say 2009 Is a terrible terrible ski to use with speed control and modern skiing technique. There are probably 50 skis on ski it again under $200 that would be better in every imaginable way.

I see a fair number of people start trying to learn the course here at SMRR and one thing that they almost all have in common is they get hurt when they try to use old equipment.

• Baller

Good morning,

For @SkiNautique7

I have the numbers for the ski : deep, 2.510 - long, 6.850 - from tail, 0.850 - binding, 30 1/4

these are the standar fin setting given by O'brien and Andy Mapple. On my previous message, I wrote the numbers Andy gave me 2 years ago when I asked him. I run the ski with Andy's setting and I feel nice. Regardless of other people says about old material, I don't think skiing with a bran new ski with change radicaly my performances. I believe it is more me and my techniques and stance and so on. And if the new ski are so much better than the day I can change.....it will be even easier. And just for Andy's memory I will run the slalom at 34mph with this ski and the day I will do it I will post a video.

Cheers and enjoy skiing