Looking for a G10 plate for poweshells for ski demos...

skihart

• Baller

Hi guys

I am looking for a G10 plate for my powershells that is drilled so I can just bolt it on and demo a new ski or seven. Putting interlock on every ski is getting expensive. There was someone on the forum a few years back who was making custom ones.

Or even better if another baller perhaps had one they weren't using and wanted to sell, that would be great.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

• Baller
I had one and sold it because the two plates together made the ski stiffer, so I wasn't sure I was getting a true evaluation of the ski...Spending $50 for Dual-Lock, plus the pain in the butt of removing it, every time I tested a ski, was a prominent reason I switched to the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear..Sure glad I did.

• Baller
@Ed_Johnson I have been thinking the same thing. I saw your review they look promising. Just switched skis though and I am a bit worried about making yet another change with bindings without actually getting the ski dialed in. I have been told changing bindings takes much more time getting used to than a new ski.

• Baller
If you are just adding dual lock to a ski, a box would go a long ways. On Amazon, it is around $80 for a box that can do probably 4 skis if you are just doing the ski and not a new binding plate every time. $20 a demo ski set up or so. Seems like you might be able to narrow your test fleet down a little with general knowledge of what you think you would like to ski on and what you know about your own skiing style and technique.

• Baller

@GOODESkier a box of Dual lock contains 50 yards. You can do more than 15 skis. I was skiing on dual lock until 2008 and I had bought 2 boxes of 250 stems and a 400 one.

@skihart Best price at that time was from a company called Diggi Key, or you can change to Reflex.

Alex,

• Baller

@skihart @teammalibu made me ones of these 5-6 years ago. We just took a plate with a standard hole pattern cut into it and put velcro on the top side. I did have to find some screws with flat heads so they didn't stick up too high and interfere with the Velcro. I

found screws that worked on the McMaster Carr website.

• Baller
@skialex Boxes I buy are two 5 yard rolls in 1 box........... MP3560 That does about 2 skis if you re-do binding plates as well. Little left over, but not enough for a 3rd ski. Not willing to pay $500+ for the 50 yard box. Here is the link to the product bnox I buy for around $80 on Amazon Prime: http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Dual-Lock-Reclosable-Fastener-MP3560?N=5002385+8709314+8709324+8710676+8710815+8711017+8716423+3293194308&rt=rud

• Baller

I’m digging up this old thread.

I plan to make the same type of plate described above. Not because of the cost of Dual lock but the time it take to install/remove it.

My friend bought Powershells last year but he did not ski well on them at all. He needs a way to give the Powershells a test ride and then switch back to his old bindings. A removable plate is a simple solution. We are not short line skiers so, the added stiffness of a second plate should not be a big deal.

Is using 1/8” aluminum vs. G10 a bad idea? I may be able to find a sheet of aluminum at the local hardware store.