Reflex R style

DanE

• Baller

Just picked up an Rstyle rear on high density plate.

How do those of you using it deal with rotation of the boot?

There are no slots for rotating the boot, just a lot of pre drilled holes to put it in different positions.

Thing is I feel it's either run the boot dead straight or rotate it a crazy amount?

Anyone skied with it rotated 1 hole both at the toes and heel ?

(I usually rotate my rear boots the same amount at the heel as in the front)

• Baller
That is a lot of rotation man! My R style is on a Teammalibu G10 plate. To rotate it a bit I took my dremmel and widened the holes in the boot the way I wanted it to move. I tightened down the bolt/nut set up and have had no issues with movement in 4 years of use.

• Baller

@Chuck_Dickey ... That is a lot of rotation. I've got the Carbon Plate and just moving the rear over one hole was plenty for me. I found I didn't need as much with the R Style as I did with my Powershells, since I had more freedom of ankle movement.

Chuck, by the way, where did you get your metal buckles from ?? Do you like them better than the stock ones ? Any difference in how they release ?

• Baller

@Ed_Johnson

I bought the buckles from Miami Ski Nautique, they are from Reflex. Didn't change the release one bit. My back liner slides right out in a fall. I have them on my front and back shells, makes it real easy to get the same fit every time. Beats counting clicks on the stock fasteners.

My Powershell's rear boot always rotated this much regardless of how tight the screws were. I figure my stance was causing it and have stayed with it on the R-style. When I skies with RS-1's I rotated it to the max, tie and heel. Feels weird if I straighten it out any more. Not sure if it helps or hurts my skiing but it is comfortable this way.

• Baller

@MrJones That would have been preferred but the Reflex plate is like a Swiss cheese.

Dremel away and you're left with nothing to attach the boot on.

Just wanted to confirm that the amount of rotation the R style offers is excessive.

I'll have to measure but I think I can move the boot back and plate forward in order to get away from the pre drilled area.