Radar Senate Help

bobbulfer

• Baller
On my way back from skiing with Seth in SC, Delta manage to break my ski somehow. I was on a 2012 69 inch senate C. I'm looking at buying a new Senate but am looking for some opinions. I ski 32-34 mph at 15 off. I originally bought a 69 inch because at the time I was skiing 28 to 30 mph in the course. Since I'm 32-34 mph should I buy a 67 inch now. I'm 6'1'' 195lbs. I really liked the 69 inch and it felt very stable but am curious if I will progress better now on a 67. Also leaning towards a lithium vs graphite senate. According to performance's website 67 inch 160-200lbs and 69 180-220lbs. Thanks.

• Baller
I am just below your skiing level (working on consistency at -15/32 mph) and -- based on advice from a widely respected advisor -- decided to purchase a Senate Alloy so I could get a ski that will take me into the next few levels but will be very stable and forgiving to allow me to progress better/faster and hopefully with fewer injuries. I have been on a 2014 Connelly Prophecy, which may be less stable than the Vapor, but it is my understanding that all the high end skis give up some stability and forgiveness in favor of responsiveness. Based on my research (not my personal experience), it seems like the Senate Graphite would easily take you up to more advanced levels before you would desire a Vapor.

• Baller

I think a 69 might be big. I would like to see you try a 68" Vapor or a 67" Senate. I am 230 and skied the 68" Vapor at 32 mph a bunch this summer while rehabbing my back and it had plenty of support at that speed. I never tried it at 30 mph.

Are you running full passes at 34/15 right now?

• Baller
Not very consistent at 34/15 but feel like it is very possible every pass. I spoke with Bill Porter at Performance who got me in touch with both Brooks Wilson and Matt Rini. I told them about my skiing and I think they have me talked into a 68 inch Lithium Vapor. I just now have to decide if I want to spend the extra$$$ for the new 2016 design. Big thanks to Bill at Performance for going the extra mile.

• Baller
@bobbulfer one of my ski partners is similar in ability to you or maybe a touch behind and he has been skiing on a 2015 Vapor Lithium this year and it worked great for him. He weighs about 175-180 and is on a 67" ski. He skis 30, 32 and 34 mph with plenty of support from the ski.

• Baller
I'm on a 2015 lithium vapor. 67". 175lb 6'2". It is really easy to ski on. Easiest I've been on. I'm running 15 off 34mph sometimes. I spent several weeks this fall running 30 mph 22 and 28off. Seemed fine. The other day I almost ran 22off 34mph. I don't feel like it holding back at all. Should be some deals on ski-it-again on 2015s.