Indmar Monsoon - fun with plugs and manuals

oldjeep

• Baller

In the midst of winterizing and was planning on changing plugs since the boat has 4 seasons and around 200hrs on it. Pdf 2012 Indmar manual I had said 41-993 plugs gapped at .045 on one page which is what I bought, pulled the old ones and they were 41-101 gapped at around .060. Looked some more and a different spot in the PDF manual said 41-101 gapped at .040 which seemed weird. Printed manual that came with boat said 41-101 gapped at .040 - which still seemed weird, never heard of a .040 gap and they 41-101 comes gapped at .060. Found a 2015 manual that said 41-101 at .060 so I contacted Indmar and sure enough all the other manuals are wrong and it is supposed to be 41-101 at .060

So my new plugs are coming Amazon Prime and I can deal with them next week.

Posted to save anyone else the small pain and potential problems of following the 2012-2014 Indmar manuals

• Baller
@oldjeep Not saying an auto parts store was the answer. For boat parts, that would not be my first stop. Saying, if you used one of the site sponsors, or Discount Inboard Marine, or your local dealer, maybe you would have gotten the correct parts the first time. They likely would have known about the misprinted items. Amazon is not the place for customer service or "Hey, that is the wrong part." It is more of a "We'll ship you anything you think you need."