Upgrade for mobile devices - BallOfSpray - need feedback for Apple - Second try

Horton

• Administrators

If you look at ww.BallerLabs.com it is actually a totally new site (from scratch). There is a lot to do before it becomes the new BallOfSpray but I am trying to crank it out so I can actually start my next venture.....

iPhone and iPad users - Please look at the forum (http://www.ballerlabs.com/forum) and tell me how it looks. I can see the Android version and am pretty happy with the forum.

The mobile experience SHOULD be way better but the are always issues.

The desk top site -front page should be WAY faster. (I am aware of the missing Cory Vaughn image)

NOTE - I know there are issues with the forum not always refreshing they way you want. I know I know that is next after I finish the total rebuild.

• Baller
Looks fine on IPad. Except that when I selected a thread, when it came up the top line (subject line) was partially obscured by the banner that says "Discussions", etc. No biggie, but you have to pull the body down to see that line.

• Baller
Again, not an apple guy but on wp10/edge. The thread list and after clicking on a thread the area displaying the list or thread seems to load twice. On the current site it loads, shows top and then flashes to first unread. New site shows top, flashes and shows top again.

• Baller

Next to the insightful, awesome, like, etc buttons when someone has clicked that you have the number come up next to it that shows how many of each reaction the coment has. When that number comes up it pushes the "like" burton half off the page rather than it wrapping around with the awesome button

• Baller

Performance is improved on iPhone 6. Every once in a while a coupe characters are cut off on the threads themselves.

iPad mini first version not so much. Threads themselves continue to refresh as you scroll and it is unusable.

• Administrators
Well I just requested a major edit from the folks at Vanilla. It will be either be a lot better or a lot worse. Could be 24 hours before we see the change. Working on other stuff till then.

• Administrators

@aupatking

I have not configured the banners yet.

That header space is not the issue - I just fixed that. There was in invisible link logo there.

The only question is when you get down in to the threads does the text stay in the frame or not.

• Administrators

Ok I need to start over again.

IF PART OF THE SCREEN IS OFF THE FRAME or the forum is unusable with your device I need a screen shot and what device you are on. If I am going to ask a developer to work in this I must have the screen shots.

Currently it looks great on Android and on my wife's iPhone 5 (actually the iPhone seems silly and tiny but whatever)

• Administrators

I hate to ask but ... How does http://www.ballerlabs.com/forum look from mobile?

Don't tell me about the banners or logos. Just tell me if the forum looks ok