Fin settings with and without wing

Fam-man

• Baller

Does having the wing on or off significantly affect fin settings? I'm assuming the stock fin settings are with a wing and so am wondering if there would be a different starting point without a wing. The ski in question is a radar senate and I currently free ski 34 mph 15&22 off.

This is my first ski with adjustable fin so am looking for a good starting point.

Thanks

• Baller
Significantly affect fin settings? Not sure about that but it will significantly affect the way the ski handles. The wing will have a tendency to make the tail ride a little lower which is turn make the ski tip ride a little higher. There are multiple different fin adjustments to accomplish the opposite of that. However, I think it's worth trying out the ski with the recommended settings even without a wing before you go messing with it since one of those adjustments may be better than another for your style.

• Baller

@Fam-man it affects ski behavior, fin settings are fin settings they could be right for your skiing or not.

It depends on your ski level, if you run long lines at slower speeds put fin at stock and try to ski without the wing. If you feel that width is mastered but speed before the buoy is higher than what feels comfortable, put it back on.

If you shorten the rope I wou suggest to leave the wing on.