Radar HRT or HO Choptop

skifan

• Baller
I need some help deciding which of these rear bindings may be better, possible Christmas gift. I am using a Reflex SuperShell in the front that I really like, I just want something more comfortable in the back and not as restricting in the back as a full rear binding. I tried an RTP and didn't really like it, it felt way to loose. I thought these two seem like a good compromise between an RTP and full rear binding. I know there are a couple of threads for each of these but no real user input and was hoping someone may have skied both of them and have some advice. Thanks

• Baller
I have tried the HRT the biggest problem when using a reflex fb and hrt back is the reflex boot is thinner your foot sits closer to the ski so your back foot is higher on the ski the boot has a thicker foot bed. so you have more back foot pressure than if you have a willy rear boot or R style. I prefer a lose willy 3/4 boot.

• Baller
I have tried the HRT the biggest problem when using a reflex fb and hrt back is the reflex boot is thinner your foot sits closer to the ski so your back foot is higher on the ski the boot has a thicker foot bed. so you have more back foot pressure than if you have a willy rear boot or R style. I prefer a lose willy 3/4 boot.

• Baller

I am having really good luck with the Radar hrt ( hybrid rear toe plate). I am able to get out of the water with just my front foot in the front binding & then put my rear foot in the hrt boot on top of the water..

It is a great in between option of the rear toe plate & rear boot!