When you are "in between"

IronR1

• Baller
Hi, I'm 5'11 tall, weight 154lbs. I'm a 34MPH skier and I close 35" in my good days. I always hesitate between a smaller ski with harder flex who turns better and a taller ski with softer flex more stable and slightly faster. What do you prefer?

• Administrators

@IronR1 I'm going to have to challenge the premise of your post. The perfect ski for you may be much stiffer or softer. The challenge is to find a ski that has a balance that works for you. You may find that balance in a very stiff or a very soft ski. Balance in ski design is so much more important than any one component.

• Administrators
I believe it is KLP who is quoted telling people to always ride the biggest ski they can turn. I'm assuming by your thread title you are also unsure what size you should ride. I would strongly push you towards a 66 if you are tempted by a 65. A 67 would seem pretty darn big are your weight.

• Baller

No links. A Big Dawg told me the same thing in 2008 when I was considering what length ski to use. He said, use as much ski as you can turn well.

And, I'm sure he knew that for years. As for sure BLP and KLP did as well.

Just noting this is not anything new. Some subsribe to it, some don't, as there are other factors besides ski length.