'98 MC wake opinions

6balls

• Baller

I'm helping a friend source a boat. He and his two daughters free ski most mornings in MN summers. He used to have a MC 205 that got damaged, and thus bought a DD Sport Nautique. The wake at the 15 off or so and 30-34 mph is too stiff to be acceptable.

They occasionally get a ride behind my TSC1 196 and love it, but would stay cheaper if they could. Have been looking for EFI '91-'94 MC's. Came across a '98 with just over 200 hrs and LT1 that appears near new condition. Anyone know how wakes compare to a TSC1 (I know they are not as good...how much worse?) or a '91-'94 MC 190?

THX in advance.

• Baller
Worst boat MC ever made. However if you can find one that was modified by the MC pit crew (wings and a lip on the backend) it might be Ok. But I remember a handful of them being driven on shore. Dangerous boat for the inexperienced.

• Baller

I think I remember that whole mess now. I was skiing tourney's back then and at one of them no one wanted the MC and it was the one that chine locked in testing and needed modified.

The promo owner/driver was kinda getting upset about the negativity and wasn't planning to ski the tourney...he put out his cigarrette, put on his ski and ran a score into 38.

I couldn't remember, though, what year hull that was...sounds like it was the '98.

Have told my buddy to steer clear...will continue trying to find him a '91-'94 MC 190 with EFI.