Syndicate 41 Tail or Radar Boa

Monte99

• Baller

I tried on both the other day at Performance and bought another pair of 41 Tails. The Boa's fit great but bunched up when I tried grabbing a handle, the 41 Tails didn't do that. With that said, this evaluation was in store with dry gloves. Who knows how they will be when wet and worn in.

Everyone's hands and the way they grip the handle are different. Just like skis, try before you buy is the best option.

If you can't try them in a ski shop, order a pair of each and send the one you don't like back.

• Baller
No experience with the 41's but I'm on my 2nd season with the Boa's. No sign of wear at all. They fit snug and the the cinch down mechanism vs. velcro is awesome. No bunching issues, my hands stay in good shape yet a good, sensitive feel of the handle.

• Baller

Been on the red 41 Tails (size medium) for several years. Use Kevlar (size large) liners with them. No bunching, seemingly no break-in period for the Kevlar palms and they never move, not at all, without being crazy tight. Used to go through 1 pair a season but now in FL 2 pair. Palms don't wear out but everything else eventually falls apart around them. I have had very little issue with the velcro strap. Usually at end-of-life. Only once ever in a tournament (1pass, still made it) but if happend with any frequency I wouldve dumped them.

Have not tried the yellow 42 Tails but am told they are different.

Got a pair of the new inside-out Boa's (size medium). They feel really good and the Boa deal is crazy good. I can barely get my hand in but once in they, well, fit like a glove. They do seem short but when skiing they are not. Really like them but they do move a little, I don't like that feeling. With the Boa can tighten down till my hands are uncomfortable and still move a little. Leads to bunching in the fingers. Tried liners but not quite enough room to get them in, and they still move a little.

So staying with the red 41 Tails till they are no longer available. I have a size large hand but wear mediums for skiing.