How to tell if you have the right ski?

I bought a HO CX before last season started and thought it was a good ski for me up Intel I got on the ski course. When I got on the course I a had the hardest time skiing every time I got around the first or second ball I would end up way to far out. It was the same speed that I normally ski at and I have never had that issues in tell I got the CX. The ski I had before that was a HO CDX-1. On my CDX-1 I was able to ski 15 off at 32mph after a few try’s. On my CX I could not get pass the second ball.

Any one have any ideas?

Could be a number of factors (fin settings/wing, ski size, boot setup/position...). To me it sounds like the new ski is faster which is causing you to carry more speed cross wake causing you to over shoot the balls. You are probably not use to the speed and seems hard to turn the ski because of the increased speed.

Does the new ski have a wing?

• Baller

@scotchipman is wise to suggest posting some video. It would also be helpful to know how you are setup on the ski currently. Proper setup is crucial to make a fair judgement as to whether a ski is right for you. Also, is your ski the CX or the Superlite CX (comes with Syndicate adjustable fin).

@Mastercraft81SnS if you can tell me your weight, ski size, front boot position in inches, along with the fin/wing settings, I can get a better idea.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations