This Poll Shows Skiing More Popular Than Wakeboarding

SkiJay

• Baller
I stumbled across this poll logging onto Starbucks iPhone app. Apparently users can set up a poll through Google, and this was one that came up. So I suppose what these results REALLY say is that more water skiers go to Starbucks than wake boarders.

• Baller

I'd say my lake is probably 50/50 skiers and wakeboarders. The majority of the skiers are out during the week and the majority of the wakeboarders are out on the weekend so it works out great for me. Weekends are also tuber central which is heart breaking.

On a comical side note, I got a piece of mail at the beginning of the season advertising some kind of boat maintenance that said "Would you rather wrench on your boat or be tubing?"....my first thought was...what a stupid question! Of course I'd rather be wrenching.

• Baller
Tubing and wakeboarding will always appear to be more popular because you can do either of them in marginal conditions. When I was a kid we bought a Skurfer so we could enjoy the washing machine conditions, but we always preferred skiing.