Radar Profile boot sizing

condorpilot

• Baller

Can anyone advise please re fit of a 2016 ( front ) Profile.

Does it tend to run pretty true to size?

Should I chose my regular shoe size US 11 snug fit when new and allow for it to pack out with use?

or

better to upsize to a 12 (which fits more generously now)

when new or will it compress too much with wear and become too loose and sloppy with use?

• Baller
I wear a size 12 shoe and when I first tried on the size 12 Vapor boot it felt way too tight in both width and length. So, I demoed the size 13/14 Vapor boot and my foot was sliding around even with the boa cranked down as tight as it would go. Back to the shop and heat molded a size 12 boot which still felt a bit snug in the shop but after three sets in the boot it now feels great!

• Baller

Thanks guys for your experience r sciences on like Radar boots but specifically looking for opinions and or experiences of Profile boot.

Unlike the Vapor it does not have a heat mouldable lining or a BOA tensioner

.I believe that general opinion is to size up on the narrower Vapor.

Experiences on the apparently wider Profile fit please folks. Thanks

• Baller

The profile boot runs small. I wear a 10.5-11 shoe, and the 11 Profile was WAY too tight. Wound up with a set of size 12s. I wear some of those neoprene socks in them to take up a little of the slack. Also nice because they keep your feet warm in cold water (although that's not much of a problem with a profile because they're completely closed).

• Baller

For anyone that's interested.

I got the size 12 boot and it fits like a .....bucket.

Dry fit off the water, far too much volume and length for my foot and surprisingly a huge size difference going up from the 11.

The rigidity in the 12 does not let me synch up the forefoot lacing sufficiently to hold my foot firmly and it would be rattling about with very little control pending injury I think. Tightening the bungee would defeat its function for release purposes

Had similar on snow ski boots in the past and didn't care for the disconnected feeling.

Option would be to bulk out with a water sock as suggested but prefer the more direct connection.

So back to the 11 for my 11 sized foot hoping they will break in a bit through time or need to be adapted accordingly