Masters Webcast

dchristman

• Baller
I love the webcast. It would be nice to have a tricker for tricks but I think the announcers do a nice job and they are trying to get the crowd there involved. I have announced regionals a number of times and it is a lot harder than you think.

• Baller

Tyler Boyd, who called tricks, tricked 4,130 last fall.

Why do people complain about every web cast? With the popularity of the sport, we're lucky to have a web cast at all. I look forward to watching the Masters web cast every year.

• Baller
Sorry guys, maybe I'm just an overly sensitive tricker. I am enjoying the webcast. It is certainly one of the best I have ever seen to date. But... if "Danno the Manno" is a student of all towed water sports, he ought to learn the names for the tricks, or let Tyler call'em.

• Baller

Agree it's great to have a web cast. Tyler is great by the way. Comment not directed at him at all.

Brooke is awesome. As a lefty I aspire to move up over the ski like she does into 1-3-5. Really thought she was going to get a piece of 5 ball.

• Baller

Got to compliment the quality of the webcast. Not going in/out like we often see happen.

Wonder what their secret is, other than a lot of $$? Pine Mountain is way off in the

boondocks. That may help or may not. Hmmm...what was the problem with the reride

for the first Jr. Boys jumper?

• Baller

Congrats to Nate!!

Great ski by everyone in all three events!!

It's easy to sit at home and make calls, I'm sure being a judge is a HARD job. They said the run off was unprotected, so did Will finish 4th??

• Administrators
@drago Nate. He had the pass run but stopped because he thought he had done enough. If he had bothered to go to 6 there would have been no run off.

• Elite Skier
The oft repeated line is that judges do it for free and do it for the love of the sport so they should be immune to criticism. We as athlete certainly appreciate that they give their time. However, the fact stands that three of the last four years the slalom result has been decided because of a changed judges call twenty minutes or more after the event has finished. This is so bad for everyone involved. Forget about the pain as a skier of having the title taken away from you because the judges changed their mind (I have experience in this) well after you skied, think about the audience. No other sport would allow the audience to be so confused for so long after the event is supposedly finished. This is terrible and if we are to have any chance of bringing the fans back to the sport better decisions and rules must be made.

• Baller
Very simply once Nate entered the course for his first pass the right to request a review should have been denied. If that is not the current rule then it should be....end of story!

• Baller_
Is there a rule on the amount of time it takes to review? A limit? Are they taking the full amount of time? Was there just one protest or did Will and Nate both protest? Announcers went back and forth on who made the protest.

• Baller

I totally I agree with FWinter you don't see the NFL, NBA or any other pro sports saying yea we did blow the call so we will replay the game blown calls happen. If a certain judge keeps blowing calls you don't keep being him back. Make the call and stick with it

. Shit you sit in the boat you know what the person skied. It's not that tuff. As for promoting the sport they should be interviewing the athletes after they ski they should be telling them what ski there riding there personal likes, there's plenty of time from their warm up pass till when it counts. If I'm Ho, Goode, Connelly, Radar,MC and Obrien it would be nice to see there skier up there talking about how they skied and their product and sponsors. As for the wake skating and wake boarding ,Freddy wouldn't you like to be able to fall twice and keep skiing, If that was the case 43 would go down.

• Baller
what @OB1 said -- just make a call. I just about went to sleep in the 30 minutes plus it took for them to all figure out that we were going to do a runoff. Felt bad for everyone, including Jeff and Ben who were standing around in their gear for an extra half an hour waiting their turn. Not the way to win over the audience.