How to get rid of freshwater shrimp?

schafer

• Baller

Had just a few last year. This year they are everywhere already. And getting as big as an inch long. Anybody have experience with this? How do I get rid of them? Seem to be worst around the shallow areas. I think the scientific name for them is "hyalella azteca"

Thanks in advance

• Baller
Bluestone -- Copper Sulfate same thing. CuSO4. As you can see it has oxygen. As far as killing fish, etc. it depends on the alkalinity level of the water. Lower alkalinity will produce greater kill levels of fish. And that about all I know about copper sulfate, except it's mostly used to control algae. In light of @Jody_Seal's comment below, I felt the need to edit this. "That's all I have to say about that"

• Baller
@DmaxJC_ski pictures are correct. I'd wager they Are not making my water clean by any stretch. And I'm sure they taste awful. @skiep I'd need a lot wouldn't I? It's a natural body of water. Probably 30 acres. @Booze that would work. But I don't think the bass could make it through the winter.

• Baller
Sustainable resources stocked a number of lakes in Alberta in the early 80's with small mouth and they didn't survive, we could sneak some pike or perch over that way though..... ;) you'd have to keep it on the DL though, you wouldn't be very popular with the resource officer

• Baller
Haha. I love all the awesome responses. It's between 3ft and 7 ft deep. I've been told they stocked it with fish 15 years ago and they didn't survive. I'm gonna try some copper sulphate around the dock area and see if I notice any change. (The price is right as I know some farmers)