Boat cover help...storm got us...'01 TSC1 196

6balls

• Baller

We cover underneath a canopy cover at the swamp...near a dusty gravel road works great. Current cover started at v-nose and ran under rubrail to rear and then around the tapered platform cinching underneath the platform. No other straps the cinch line would tighten it under the platform and all around under the rub-rail.

We never trailer with it...it's on in storage and on under the canopy cover during the season. Given our application and wind exposure going over the platform is kinda important.

Don't want to spend an arm and a leg for what's really a dust cover but needs to hang in there for most wind conditions. Suggestions?

THX!

• Baller
Sorry to piggy back your thread , but I need one too. Would like one that has a ratchet strap to tighten down really tight to stay on for wind . Will use it when boat is in water under no cover. Same boat as above.

• Baller

I'd maybe be ok with ratchet strap under rub-rail, too. We put the boat HIGH under our canopy...like windshield frame within inches of canopy frame really protects it. This leaves the platform still sticking out, though, and exposed to a very rare storm with NE wind having a long run on the water at that direction. The platform tore through it...so perhaps we would be better with ratchet under the rubrail?

Of note our cover stayed on...just split with a big tear at the platform.

• Baller
I bought a Carver custom fit Sunbrella cover for my 2004 SN 196 five years ago. Boat is under a covered dock and on a lift. Cover fits perfectly and keeps the interior clean. Mildew is not a problem.mit appears to be well constructed, the Sunbrella fabric is breathable. I think I paid $450 on end of season sale. Best of luck in your search.

• Baller
I've had the same waterline cover from skiboatcovers.com on my 94 SNOB for 10 years at least with no issues. Great cover but a little pricey. Straps on under rub rail like you describe. It's come off by itself one time in 10 years, probably due to high winds and not cinching it down tight enough ( or an uninvited guest). Protects the sides of the hull from sun fading. I keep mine on a lift under a roof but open sides pulled up high like yours. I should add mine is under the platform at rear. Not sure if the standard 01 cover is rub rail or platform at stern. I bet they could do either.

• Baller
I've had one that went over the platform and one over the rubrail. I like the rubrail one much better. It cinches down tight with no chance of coming undone. I've had it at 75mph behind the car. I think its a westland with sunbrella fabric. 10 years old and looks brand new. Pretty dry North Idaho air.

• Baller
@Stickman no, no website. It's just kind of a sideline and not a real business. He just started procuring covers for acquaintances as he had contacts and it went from there by word of mouth.