HO CX/TX and Radar Senate Sizing

DCSkier4

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of a new ski and am torn between options/sizes. I'm an intermediate skier at best, typically ski 15 off at 33-34mph, 21 y.o., 6'2'' 205 lbs., relatively athletic and looking to improve quickly. I would love to start skiing the course, but unfortunately I rarely get the opportunity to. I most recently skied on a 2012 67" Radar Senate C and liked it, but I no longer have it. I did at times feel that it was a tad small. I am wondering A) if I'm looking at the right skis w/ the Senate, CX, TX, and possibly the Connelly V, and B) what size I should choose. On most size charts I'm looking at a 69", but I've heard that the 69" Senate is pretty burly. Any recommendations/ advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. If anyone is located in the DC area and skis/ knows of some spots to ski, I'd love to chat!

• Baller
@DCSkier4 . I skied on a 67 Senate last year. Got a 69 Senate this year. I'm 190-195 lbs and ski 28-32 mph. I like the 69 better. In my opinion at 205 lbs the 69 would be right for you. A 69 cx would probably be right too.

• Baller
I think you are looking at the right set of skis. I'm similar to your level have owned the Connelly V, Connelly Prophecy and am now skiing on the Radar Senate. The Prophecy was fun and super nimble and would have been fine for me just skiing open water, but when I was in the course and pushing myself a lot more I found it to be too much for me; i.e. I needed more stability. The V and the Senate are excellent skis for our level -- forgiving, stable, but with plenty of performance for our skill level.

• Baller
@DCSkier4. I'm 46 about 175 lbs, 5' 10" I ski on a 2014 67" CX.. -15 @ 30 - 32 mph. I find this ski very easy to get up on, carves great, easy to go free ski for like 30 turns, and it outperforms me in the course. I use a Radar Vector front boot with a RTP, super comfortable. I think a 69" would be a good choice.

• Baller

@DCSkier4 if you are looking for a chance to ski the course and get some tips go to the Timber Lake ski club Facebook page. Send them a message, they normally have two or three adult ski clinics each year. The clinics are for beginner to intermediate (long line to 28 off). Or PM me your email and I will get you in touch with the right people.

Also going to "Fun" tournaments is a good way to meet other skiers in the area. A USA Waterski Grassroots membership is only $35 and is required to ski fun events.