What boot for a Radar Senate Lithium?

Tdub

Made my decision and going to a more forgiving ski. Age is creeping up on me. A 67 inch Senate Lithium will be ordered soon. I see there are Vector boots and Prime boots. I am not that aggressive, 32mph, 28 off. What would be the best Radar boot? I also use a RTP. Any help will be greatly appreciated from you folks in the know.

• Baller

Sorry. Typo. Never tested Prime. I use Profile.

have used Vectors and Profile boots.

Only tested Vapor in the shop.

My 2 cents.

Vector. Very soft and comfortable.

A bit too soft.

Not high performance boot.

Profile. High performance boot.

A lot of lateral support and still comfortable. High boot.

A bit wider compared to Vapors.

Vapors. Did not fit my foot. Not wide enough.

My choice is Profile any day.

Best luck

• Supporting Member

You are a better skier than me and I love the Vapors, especially those fainting moments when I actually ride the Senate Lithium correctly.

I had both the Profile (liked quite a lot) and Vectors (too much play for my liking) on my Senate Graphite.

The Lithium is very fast. I've seen guys get more out of my ski than I ever will. You are going to love it. I doubt it's a ski you are sharing, so my choice would be closed toe/asymmetrical. Vapors do run a fraction small, unless you have a low volume foot. Profiles are roomier.

No experience with Prime boots.

Good luck.

• Baller
Forget Prime and Vector. I had a Vector on my last ski, but have the Profile on my Senate Graphite now. After using the size and foot specific (left front for me) Profile, it is so much more comfortable than the Vector, I'll probably never use the Vector again. Haha

Wow...thanks for all the info. I currently have a D3 T-factor on my Helix and I like it a lot. Does that have the same hole alignment as the Senate Lithium just in case I don't like what ever boot I decide to order? Most skis are the same now, correct? Not having a pro shop nearby, it is tough for me to try anything. Is the Profile a Radar boot? Thanks again.

• Baller
I have Vectors on my Theory and they are a great boot that most people can fit into and ski comfortably. However when I got my Senate Lithium I decided to go with double Vapors. They aren't quite as comfortable as the Vectors when in the water but when skiing they are night and day different as far as performance is concerned. I heated molded the linings which made them much more comfortable and gave a very custom fit. My mate has a Profile binding (which are Radar bindings (Closed toe, asymmetrical) and are between the Vector and Vapor) and it is really nice, but i thought it felt a little bulky on the ski. Another plus for the Vapors are the BOA laces. Once you have them you will never go back.

Thanks again for all of the input. I am going to pull the trigger on the Senate Lithium. It seems like the "Profile" boot is the way to go. Is the mounting different than a traditional boot? Looks different. Also the hybrid RTP looks interesting but I have always used a traditional RTP so I am somewhat skeptical with the hybrid. Any final comments would be great. Thanks to all for the info.

Cheers.

Tom

• Baller
Vapors! I have a fairly wide size 12 foot and the Vapors seemed really narrow and tight when I tried them on. After heat molding they felt better but still a bit tight, however, after 5 or 6 sets they feel great and are much more comfortable than my old Animals. Took a few sets to make the adjustment to closed-toe boots but love them now.

I am going with a "Profile" boot. But what size? I wear a 10 1/2 shoe but the boot comes in either 10 or 11. I don't want to screw up here so any recommendations? I currently us a D3 large Tfactor and love it. I have never used a closed toe boot before so I would like some input from the forum. Thanks to all.

• Baller

@Tdub you might want to go with one size above your normal shoe size. I just demoed a set of profiles today. I wear a size 12 Nike and tried the size 12 profile, my big toe was touching the end of the boot enough to not be comfortable. I would have taken home a set of profiles if they had a 13 in stock (I ripped one of my vectors and needed replacements today) but my local place didn't have them in stock.

For anyone moving from vectors to profiles the transition is seamless. I've got too many other things to work on so a step up in bindings isn't a benefit so I fell back to a new set of vectors.

• Baller
@Tdub if budget isn't too much of a factor I would highly recommend the step up to the Vapors. 1) Because they are heat moldable for more custom fit. 2) The liners are removable making drying twice as quick and 3) The Boa laces are awesome. PS I am size 10 1/2 shoe and have size 12 Vapors.

• Baller

Tdub, I feel your pain!, Just went through this myself.

Normally I wear a US size 11 in shoes and went for an 11 Profile. My feet are quite wide,

never had a closed toe asymmetrical boot before and came from a Connelly Stoker.

First impressions off water...far too tight and cramped at toes. Ordered a 12 for comparison and it was huge. Foot was rattling about inside and I couldn't get the bottom lace to snug my forefoot up. Tightening the top bungee too far to compensate would have been hopeless and potential unsafe. Excessive length and volume, foot could twist inside boot when tightened off water.

Stuck with the original 11. It has packed out nicely after a few skis but still feels a little alien to me being closed toe. Fit wise it is very comfortable and snug.

I was going up a full size with the 12, so I think you going up a 1/2 size would be ideal as I would have liked just a tiny bit of extra foot length if possible but not the excess there was on the 12.

For what its worth I think you would find the 10 too tight but 11 should be spot on.

Hope this makes sense.

• Baller

Profiles run small (really small). I wear a 10.5E shoe and I use size 12 boots. The boots are a little large on me so I use water socks inside them to take up a little room, but the size 11 boots were way small. My pinkie toe was crammed into the side of my foot and my big toe was touching the end of the boot.

If you mail order make sure they have a good exchange policy.

• Baller
@slvrbulit and @Tdub as gsm_peter said they come with the aluminum plates. They should also come with all the screws necessary (if missing contact the seller). You could also ditch the individual aluminum plates and use the sequence plate (it's a seperate item to purchase). I've been using a sequence plate for a long time and really like it. Both boots are mounted to a single plate and I feel it has more adjustment range than the seperate plates or the feather frames.