Shasta Lake, Ski Schools/Clinics?

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

Hey guys, I was thinking about trying to set up a houseboat trip to Shasta for the family. Especially, since it seems to be filled back up this year. We used to rent out of Silverthorne back in the 80's/90's, and Mike Suyderhoud used to run a school there. Was thinking if we scheduled a trip, I would want to schedule a lesson or attend a clinic. Anyone know if there is still a school there and if it is good for the 15 offer middle aged guy wanting to improve, and his 16 and 13 year old kids? Or other options?

Same question regarding lessons/clinics for Lake Powell. That is another option.

• Baller

Rented a houseboat there last week . Had an awesome time . Lake is really high and conditions were awesome . Don't think there's a ski school out there anymore . But I wasn't looking for it . In fact left my boat at home and only took the Jetski. Live on a ski lake so was fine without skiing for a few days.

Holiday Harbor would be the only place that may offer some lessons but there's no course out there that I'm aware of . Take a portable out there and set it up and have fun. I've done that in the past and it's pretty easy to find cove to yourself to do it in.

• Baller

Yeah, I guess those days are long gone. I remember my Dad and family renting out Silverthorne back in the 80's. (I think we used Holiday Harbor for a couple trips with my wife's chiropractic school buddies in the early 90's. Up by the bridge?).

When we went out of Silverthorne, I think Mike Suyderhoud had a ski show going we attended, with course skiing, trick skiing and some jumping if I recall correctly. Back in my early Kidder Redline days.

• Baller

I have great memories as a kid going to Lake Shasta and houseboating. Always look forward to Wednesday nights at Silverthorne to catch the water ski show . I've been trying for years to get a group together to go up again but could never pinpoint a date that works for everybody . So this year I just said screw it and went with wife and kids ,just the four of us .

I'm gonna try make it back maybe at the end of the season as the rates drop significantly after August 15 .