Riding cable parks on a trick ski?

BraceMaker

• Baller

I need to find more time on my skis - a cable park opened this summer ~20 miles from my office and I'm thinking I'll go try to ride the trick ski there (can probably add 6 hours of ski time a week to my schedule if I do this)

Any pointers? Is it worth bothering?

If no opinions I'll report back.

• Baller

I learnt to ride a trick ski at a cable park. Not great for correct technique the upwards pull temps to you put to much weight on the back foot, but bonus is you only need one person to ski being yourself. Once you can do a complete lap I used to try any tricks (not many) close to the start so if I fell off I didn't have to walk back to far.

Have fun let us know how you get on

• Baller
I found the cable spun too fast for me. I'm novice trick skier though. As mentioned if you fall you walk back . So may wait till close to the start to attempt tricks. I found it hard going all the way around. On turn two I did superman into a face plant. I will not be trying it again. Have hard enough time behind the boat !

• Baller

Also novice - but I'm thinking having a few hours at a time to just ride the ski with no boat crew might be the ticket.

I've been running the boat at 17.8 stargazer - think cables are closer to 18-19 mph typically. But that should make it nice and slippery.

• Baller
I didn't try line tricks. Think they woul be really difficult with the pull hight. I did see guys doing tumble turns at higher cable speeds. The corners are tricky but they teach you edge control. My son rode his last season and said different muscles were sore due to the angle of the pull