Years of Boomerang Production

canuckpuck30

@ToddF Yeah I was thinking the same, that the only boat moomba was making that year was an outback, maybe a kanga? I know the Boomerang was around through out the 90's (maybe started around '91 or 92'), but not sure when they ended production. The newest I've come across is a 2000

• Baller

I think they stopped in 99 or 2000. The moomba site indicates 2000 as the last model but who knows how long they had them hanging around.

The one pictured has a 351 and the colors look more early 90s. No way it's a late model boomerang.

They are neat little boats but I'd rather have a malibu or Mastercraft a few years older for similar coin.

@wtrskior Yeah, I'd rather go for a malibu, prostar, or nautique, but they seem to be a bit more money around where I'm at. For reference, that one is $9000 CAD (about $6800 USD), Most of the mastercrafts and malibus around me generally have higher hours and seem to be more about $12-20K CAD. There's a 1991 Nautique for sale right now in Vancouver with similar hours, but they're asking $19K for it lol. I figure if I can pick up a moomba with low hours for $5000-$6000 USD, I'm doing alright.

• Baller

@canuckpuck30 wait a few weeks... closed bow inboards are not the hot commodity. People ask all kinds of crazy things

I sold my 90 nautique for 9k cad 6 or 7 years ago.... 20k will get you a tsc1

A 98-99 malibu sportster is worth no more than 10k usd with low hours and is a huge upgrade to the boomerang.

I believe also the boomerangs were wood for and stringers while a 90s Malibu or mastecraft is no wood..

• Baller

@canuckpuck30 you've got to make sure it's the right price (compared to other offerings in your local market - my buddy bought one for $10k CAD almost 10 years ago) and that it was stored well (re: wood stringers), but I ski behind one fairly often and it's actually a very fun boat.

It's not smooth in open (rough) water, nor comfortable with a crew and equipment, but it is a little sports car on the water, and the wake is great, especially if you have younger/slower-speed skiers (the 24-30mph crowd in our group always looked disappointed if the Boomerang didn't show up at ski time)