Hanging skis on the wall

bojans

• Baller
Only problem with the Velcro is that you are going to be doing some major drywall repair when you try to remove it. I used some 3m VHB to hang up a decorative airplane prop and it took the paper right off the gypsum when I removed it.

• Baller

@bojans Have a look at the mounting brackets I make for vintage skis I have hanging all over my cabin. I make them from those cheap galvanized L brackets that every hardware store sells. I do a special paint process to make them look old and rusty - like they came out of an old barn or something. They hold the skis VERY securely and are padded on the inside to prevent scratching or leaving any kind of a mark on the ski.

It's a bit of work to make them but it's not too bad. The cool thing is every one is different and unique in how they look and you can make them in whatever shape/dimensions you need to fit perfectly to the ski you're mounting on the wall. For example, you can see in the picture that the brackets holding the tips of the skis have a narrow gaps for the skis to slide into because when mounted, the part of the ski just aft of the curved tip lays flat on the wall. Conversely, the brackets holding the tail ends of the skis have a wider gap in them because the fins keep the tails further off the walls than the tips.

If you like the way they look and are interested enough to want to make them then let me know and I will type out the instructions for making them. There are a number of steps to the process and it will take a while for me to type out the instructions for some of the steps so I don't want to go to the trouble and spend the time if you're only just curious how I make them and are not actually interested in making some for your skis.

y12mvhop3sqg.jpg

ptg9825h4t82.png

m32fkxgbki6v.jpg

• Baller

gazmuiveyzwl.jpg

I have two 2x4s, on edge, screwed to the wall about 4' apart the rear one has angled saw slots for the fins to sit in and a small dowel (or 'L screw' on the one near the tips .... works well.