• Baller

.755 boots forward to 30 3/8

Length and depth is good.

I'm currently running

68"

29 3/4

67 in is 29.5

9 degrees.

These are from a radar pro and I love them.

Just as fast.

But you can push the ski more because it's even more stable.

• Baller

@mbabiash @OB1

Thank you guys! Went out and tried 2.508, 6.855, .755, 9 deg, 29.5". Best this ski has felt so far (and it's been great before).

Skied like crap lately as the season is winding down here and I've been plagued with injury the last month. Did not go to my hardest pass as I'm not fully healed yet, just went out and ran a couple of 28s and 32s and went back in. More forgiving, builds angle in to the first wake, actually felt like I was edge changing behind the boat and I was getting earlier with each buoy. The sometimes stop and go offside turn became a snappy finishing easy to control angle building turn. This should be an alternative factory setting imho.

• Baller
Fwiw, I never liked Rini settings. Been very close to Rossi settimgs the whole summer, first with boots @29.5 then the updated settings 29.75. Have also tried other setyings but this was the first alternative that feels meaningful to pursue.

• Baller

Had the 14 -15 Vapor both 66" this year the16 Vapor first one 67" sold that cos think it was to big for me and now on 66" but haven't got any one of the four skis to turn on my offside buoy 2 so haven't got past the third one for 3 years Vapor curse! this summer i tested the new 2016 D3 skis for 1 week 66" Quest ,65" Helix2 and 66" Arc, both the Helix and the Quest turns on my offside but not the Arc is the Arc more like Vapor ? and why does those ski turns for me offside and not any of the vapor skis? im 160 ibs can i get the 66" vapor act like the quest or helix doing something like move my boots way out of specs or do something with my fin ive tested all recommended fin settings from rossi rini and others im rly lost clafexm3d6hs.jpg fdjbufl532bm.jpg

• Baller

@Fehlindra what is your skiing ability and how much do you ski? That is a lot of skis to try.

Looking at where you have the bindings on the vapor, possibly too far forward.

The vapor should turn your offside money. The 16 vapor comes around and back under the rope like no other ski I've tried and I know others that could never get the 14-15 vapor to turn but they were d3 skiers...

• Baller

@Fehlindra - remove the cants under your bindings and cut down your reflex boot - it is too rigid, and too high. My supershell now moves like a rubber/ vapor boot, but still protects my ankle...

It will take a couple fo sets to get used to, but it will unlock the ski...go back to factory settings.....

• Baller

I took a couple of sets with KLP a couple of weeks ago and he adjusted my fin to: 0.751, 6.900, 2.471, 9 - boots stayed at 29 7/8....he also pivoted my rear boot more - actually, he moved my toes closer to the edge of the ski....

The ski feels fantastic - has pulled me right out of my late season slump.....now that i have a few miles under the ski with this setup, i will go back to him to see if he thinks a slight tweak is required....

• Baller

FWIW, rear boot pivoted so that pinkie toe is closer to ski edge (duck feet) may help the onside turn making the "healside" label make sense. It allows the skier to push the tail more with the rear foot on the on-side. Conversely, pivoting the rear boot such that the big toe is closer to the edge (pigeon toed) will open the hips more for the offside helping to allow the inside hip to come up and forward more with slight improvement to counter rotation, open shoulders, etc. So, if you have having issues on one side or another, you can try binding rotation to help balance it out. Just know that each rotation benefits on side at the expense of the other. It also may be used to account for hip/knee alignment uniqueness.

I would have never tried the big toe rotation were it not for @SkiJay's Fin Whispering book. There are so many little gems throughout that book.

I am ever-so-slightly toe rotated for my rear binding as I am currently working on moving up over my front foot before I get to the buoy. It has helped a little for now. I may go back to straight after my hips loosen/strengthen up to embrace this new technique more without the assistance of the binding rotation.

• Baller

KLP moved my toes closer to the side of the ski to help my offside turn...go figure... My rear binding was already pivoted - had been since 1998.... But he didnt think i had enough toe towards the edge....

Anyway, helped my offside instantly... Just took a little while to adjust my onside turn - this all before he adjusted my fin...