Goode XT - 1/2 way review

Horton

• Administrators

I have 13 rides on the XT so far but 6 of those are tournament rides. Of the 7 practice rides 2 or 3 were not in the best conditions. So really I have not had a lot of time to gather my thoughts about the ski. Considering the time of year I am not sure I will get a complete review written.

It is really premature for me to make conclusions about the ski but the fact that I ran into 39 in both tournaments says a lot. I run some 38s and maybe more this year than ever but it is nowhere near a 50% pass for me. Maybe not even a 25% pass. What that says is the ski rips when things get hectic.

One other thing I do know is that the ski works out of the box with stock settings. That for me is a big selling point. I can adjust a ski but am much happier not having to tweak.

• Administrators

@Than_Bogan is correct. I always avoid direct comparisons. The attributes of any one ski is far too nuanced for me to go down the road.

As speed goes - it depends on how you define it.

The XT gets plenty wide without perfect rope control skills - comparable with the best in class

The XT makes plenty of space - comparable with the best in class

The XT is not the lowest "strength required" ski ever. It takes less strength then Nano 1 but is lower mid back with the other top of the line skis.

Remember everything is a trade off. The fastests ski ever might not be a very good turning ski and the best turning ski might not be very fast. The XT is a favorite because it is a good blend of attributes. Few skis are as high performance and as forgiving as the XT.