Waterski Sites to Ski

PondTraveller

• Baller

Any time I plan on getting on a plane whether for Business, Family or a Friends Holiday...I also look for a ski site to ski at. I know I'm not alone in this search to ski a new site in a new place or a new site in an old place! I thought we should start a discussion that fellow skiers can get the low down or at least some information as they plan their next pond to ski.

I have skied a good number of places but I'm sure there is a lot of spots I still need to travel. I love the bucket list idea that my skier friend and I have going ....tried to ski a new site each year (and hopefully one that requires a plane ticket)

So ask away about different sites - I've skied a few. Post where you have been and where we should go!

My latest trip was Waterski Costa Rica. I'd have to say it was one hell of a great time. Great ski site, great coaching with video analyze and a laid back atmosphere. The all inclusive feel with amazing adventures after skiing every day made this trip different and very memorable. We got to see a piece of the country and experience the volcano, hot springs, zip lining etc. etc etc. The hosts Jim and Susan are wonderful.

• Baller
@Colebrah - is the Quarry in Corona a club set-up or private, by-invitation-only, or what? My son Trevor who is a student at UCSB may have an intership in Costa Mesa this summer. Wondering if the Quarry might be an option for him to get some sets. Any info appreciated.

• Administrators

@PondTraveller I bumped a number of threads for you. You should also search for "Horton & Hill tour"

Note: use the search window below the banners NOT the one above.

Here is the wrapup post

• Baller

@Horton - thanks for the threads. Apparently I have a lot of lakes left on the list for me - which is great. Funny to read of your adventures. Thanks again.

I head to St. Marteen in a couple weeks to ski at Ski Caribes with Brigitte and Laurent for a week. I love this little island and have skied here a few times. Looking forward to getting back on the water and the food, beer and airplanes that land in crazy ass proximity to the beach.... I'm in Santa Monica for business in January but I wonder how many people are skiing in January in California? Been to Sunset Ranch, of course closed being that it's Sacramento...never skied south of there. Seems a lot in Bakersfield but again - is January do-able?

• Administrators
@PondTraveller I'm an hour and a half from Santa Monica. In fact one of my regular ski buddies lives right there. It is doubtful that will be skiing in January.

• Administrators
@mwetskier Newberry in January is freaking cold. My dads lake IS ground zero but in January you have to be out of your mind to see you there

• Administrators
One of the problems is all of the ski Lakes in the southern half of California- there's no Public Access or clubs anymore. (Or not much)

• Baller

@PondTraveller, the lake is within a large development, so the houses you see are private and no lodging is available on site.

But if you fly at all to Santiago, drop me a note and I will set you up for a set.