PCM ZR6 to ZO

bigskieridaho

• Baller

From memory -

Harness

Throttle body (drive by wire)

ECU

Faria board (my boat is a team so this may not apply)

Plus the cost of the ZO unit. In AU $ the conversion was well north of 5k but mine was rolled into the purchase price from the dealer so it turned out to be a good deal for me.

The benefit from the changes I made are not limited to better speed control, the new ECU and larger throttle body increase the HP quite a bit I have been told. It certainly feels every bit as responsive as a newer 409.

• Baller

@bigskieridaho - 4 years ago converted an '03 Signature Series Excal 330 in about 12 hours, should have been less.

Basically as ozski described:

1. convert your engine to drive by wire (throttle body)

2. convert your engine to E-control (ECM)

3. install Zero Off (display, cable, antenna)

Pricing at that time was:

1.) $2400 (ECM, throttle body) based on PCM's 2012 pricing.

2.) $1565 Zero Off (for the Display, harness, 2 GPS antenna) + 40 for the CANBus and power harness

Total: ~$4120

Probably is ~ 6k with single antenna system, etc., now like @skierjp mentioned.

If you don't have a boat to convert yet, you're probably right, keep an eye out for a later model ZO SN 196 with a 6L (although may be hard to find) unless you're getting a super good price on the '03.

• Baller_
Hi, the 6 liter conversion price is going be a bit more then the ex engines. Also does the boat have keyless or key Switch ignition? If you need a gateway that can run up to $900 for the unit. Then if you need to hire a tech or some one to install $900 to ????.