Acupolco have you been? Did you take your ski?

cragginshred

• Baller

My wife gave me a 'Go' card to go to Ski paradise so I started doing some research on pricing and logistics. Sounds like flying into Houston with lay over then on to Acupolco is the way to go. Need info on getting my ski there. Just got the 2017Radar Vapor pro and really love it so trying a different ski even with my boots on a new site would not be the best idea.

Who has been? Thoughts on the skiing there and how did you get your ski there?

Thanks,

Don

• Baller

@cragginshred - been to Acapulco* several times. Flown through both Phoenix (US Air) and Houston (Continental). Packed my ski the same way as for a flight anywhere else. Fin guard, vest, towels, etc. in a Dakine roller bag. No problems.

You'll love it. Your wife should go, too. Skiing is top notch, palapa at the lagoon is a great place to hang out when not in the water, beach across the street, take as many sets as you want, but protect your hands. Massages at the palapa, too.

The villa is exceptional, much cooler than at sea level, great staff, great food, and great company with other skiers. It's a can't miss.

• Baller
Acapulco is a very nice forgotten destination. Back in the Regain era the rich and star studded were frequent visitors. It is relatively easy to get there keeping in mind the Mexico City Airport is busy. Gordon is a great host, the ski site is beautiful in the coconut grove and the villa is the icing on the buoy. Go and bring your favorite stuff so you wouldn't crash at the first buoy as I did. Gordon didn't laugh which I really appreciated.

• Baller
@UWSkier - have you been? Acapulco may have areas you'd be advised to avoid (like some US cities), but it's not a "hell hole". Far from it. Gordon and his staff will steer you the right way if you want to venture into town. Most guests do go into town and have an awesome time.