I am extremely sad to announce the passing of Norm Speak

Horton

• Administrators

Norm is pictured below with his daughter Trudi Speak-boyd Dusin

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2017/10996006_10206923719275221_7950775833415164094_o.jpg

Norm is pictured below with his wife Thresa Speak.

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2017/1008664_10201763465392099_1340211124_o.jpg

• Administrators
I am so heart broken that we lost James Salmas and then Norm. These two men were pillars of the water ski community in the 60s and 70s. More importantly they were both genuinely good men.

• Baller
Growing up in Colorado and skiing all the tournament's you couldn't help but meet Norm and hear stories. My favorite story is about my ski partner buying a new MasterCraft from Norm. The first day they took it out on the lake and had him trick behind it. They then pulled it up on the trailer and Norm went to work with a grinder changing the hook because he didn't like the look of the wake. Can you imagine someone taking a grinder to your brand new boat. Haha

• Baller

Norm did more in the sport then the rest of us Coloradians combined.

Would always grab my ski,"What do you have here?", and would begin pawing on it, checking my bevels. "Needs to be a little rounder right here, don't you think ?"

We will miss you Norm.

• Baller

This is the time when we are losing many who were skiers or officials in their prime in the

1950s and 1960s. And, they are in their 70s, 80s, and beyond. But, there are still a few

people involved with the sport, who are older than water skiing itself. (Born before 1922).