58th Masters

Gloersen

• Baller_
I'll get banned from here for saying this but the wake skate last year was kinda cool. Amazing what they can do not strapped to the board. But in general, the dinasor sized boats look out of place on that small lake.

• Baller

No Corey Vaughn ... Number 4 skier in the world on the IWWF rankings list ... Has run 41 in a tournament and has placed well at the "pro" events he's been able to make it to ...

Not sure I understand how the "elite" skier rankings really bring the best skiers to the event ...

• Baller_

We of the Master's production team are very excited for the upcoming event in May. We look forward to seeing you all at the event. Book early for pavilion tickets as they sell out quick!

Don't be so hasty as the LCQ may provide a number of American contenders. Reminder JT came out of the LCQ a few years ago and lit up robin lake for a big career win!

Fun and great event, hope everyone can make it!

• Baller

Did I read that right? The winner of the LCQ only gets an invite if they have a score of 4.5 @ 41off? That doesn't sound right?

"Each LCQ Division winner (slalom, trick and jump) will receive a Masters invitation, providing that the winning score equals or exceeds the following benchmark scores*:"

• Baller
Masters Qualifications can be found HERE @Bill22 I agree that that number is a little high this year. I would say that 3.5 or 4@41 would be a more realistic score as the only 2 skiers that are not currently invited that have scored 4.5@41 or higher are Brian Detrick & Sacha Descuns

• Baller

Recall when JT LCQ'd and won the Masters as Jody Seal pointed out; if remembering correctly, he was in the boat a ton on a hot, sunny day pinning trick, etc. Then skis lights out for the slalom win. Pretty cool (exemplary)!

Even if the officiating is less than expected, all the skiers are more than expected; excellent ambassadors for their sport.

• Baller

My problem is more with whatever the criteria is that goes into the "Elite" ranking list with IWSF. Something is off if the number 4 skier in the world is ranked 10th on that list ... And by the way ran 41off putting him closer than most of getting a chance at a world record.

Even our own BOS pro ranking list on the front page has Corey ranked 5th ...

Do you want the best skiers at the event? Or do you want the ones that can make it to all the cash prize tournaments that are used for the "Elite" list?

• Baller

@rico you are right. The world ranking list I was looking at was not showing that score. The other one I checked does.

I will say that JT does have a good shot as well. He will be skiing at home.

@Bbrandau agreed on the criteria for the "Elite" tournament status. I would not say that something is off if Corey is Ranked 4 in the World based on tournament scores, but does not perform well at Pro/Elite events so he is ranked 10th on the Elite list. It shows how the big stage affects people differently. Corey skied in 7 Elite events in 2016 and 7/9 BOS qualified events.

Corey is ranked 5th on the BOS list because the list takes into account his best 3 Pro Event performances (we use non Elite events like Swiss ProAm) as well as his performance on the water at back yard events. The Elite list now uses 3 events as of this September before it was using 5 events. Full Elite Rules are HERE