Challenge to FWinter

Horton

• Administrators
I would like to bet you one US Dollar that Valtteri Bottas will score more points than Lewis Hamilton in the 2017 Formula 1 World Championship. I further propose that bet be paid with a crisp new dollar bill fit for framing and autographed by the loser.

• Elite Skier

Up that to 10 dollars. And I further sub bet you a dollar each that Hamilton will have more wins and more poles. I look forward to my 12 dollars in early December after postage.

I will be buying an XL Zaxbys chicken meal with all the trimmings including a milkshake 3 miles down the road from The Boarding School.

• Baller

@Horton

You may know a lot about waterskiing but your knowledge of F1 is seriously lacking if you really think that!!!

Hamilton will be laughing all the way to the finish line the entire next season.

Rosberg was too chicken to stay and defend his title knowing he couldn't do it.

Another title for Lewis in 2017 !

Sidenote,can't wait to see what Lance Stroll (a young Canuck) will be able to accomplish as a rookie with Williams.

The kid can race!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Administrators

@Andre Lewis has no chance in the new formula. The new spec with the wider wheel base, the wider tires and additional downforce will create enough Gs to tear Hamilton's giant ego inflated head clear off his body.

• Baller

I think Bottas is up against it in that team, I predict Toto will do his back in from constantly wiping the tears off the floor of the garage with Lewis' crying all the time if they let Bottas win races. And further - the only bloke who's a bigger flog in world sport than LH is Nick Kyrgios.

@Horton @FWinter you guys underestimate how the rule changes will help that Ricciardo machine this season. As long as Lewis loses, most people will be happy!

Sadly I believe that Bottas was hired on support role for Hamilton as Toto Wolf was clearly avoiding a repeat of the last seasons by not hiring Pascal. I know this is completely off topic but I am one of the few that actually follow F1 and attend races now and then. The last one being Austin, what a great venue!

• Baller

@Horton

I don't under estimate him.Just not in the same league as Lewis,Vettel,Alonso.

Verstappen is the one to watch...Fast,agressive and very talented.He will be champion one day.

The sad thing about F1 is that any given year,there's only 4 cars some years 6 that can win a championship.

• Administrators

@Andre sadly, most years, one team has the best car by far and that makes the races less interesting. Last season would have been terrible to watch except i was cheering for Lewis to lose.

As for Verstappen, yes he is scary good but seems like a 100% unlikable human.

• Baller

Ever since the Hamilton "He hit me, he hit me" radio call a few years ago, I just can't stand Hamilton. He isn't a racer anymore. He may have been as a kid but he is a spoiled brat now and nothing would make me happier that for both red bull and ferarri to show up with better cars than mercedes. I realize that is quite unlikely. Although Bottas beating him would be even better I don't think that is very likely.

By the way, I like F1 but Indycar is vastly better racing. It isn't even close. The quality of drivers is just as good and instead of 2 guys having a chance to win on pace, about 10-15 have a chance every week.

• Baller

'' ...The quality of driver is just as good...''

I will respectfully disagree with that.

On a sidenote,i wish Haas would sign American drivers...Not a bad car that they builted.

• Baller

@mundo the last race I went to was indy when Schumacher won in the rain the year Juan Pablo couldn't keep his car on the track in the rain. It was a spectacular race . The Austin track looks like it would be a great track to see in person as well with that long climb up to turn one.

We have been going to at least 1-2 IMSA races a year now, much more accessible and cost friendly.

• Members
Ricciardo won't beat Verstappen in championship points so he definitely won't be World Champ. Vettel and Ice man will have better years. Bottas is there to support Lewis, not challenge him. I admit my favorite driver, Vettel, can be hard to like, but it's so much harder to like Lewis and his big headed, cry baby attitude.

• Administrators
@CaleBurdick I knew all the bad things that @AdamCord said about you had to be false. As long as you are not cheering for Hamilton we are aligned.

• Baller

I had a nice chuckle for the 5 sec. penalty Hamilton got for the block.

"hey um Bottas ah this is nikki lauda um you need to let Hamilton by ah is that ok?

Bottas: I thought we were equals.....

Nikki: no you misunderstood let him by..."