Florida Ski Schools / Coaching

spartanskier10

• Baller

@FWinter I am not one of the college kids mentioned; and sorry to highjack this thread. Will you have MC skis to demo at The Boarding School?

For the post, The Boarding School is great, especially if there is wind since they have 3 lakes situation in each favorable direction. Swiss is economical and they have 3 lakes.

• Baller

Remember Lucky Lowe in Lake Alfred. He usually has several collegiate skiers there in

the Spring. Kitchen and bunkhouse(s) onsite. Here at McCormicks, it is going to start to get

busy soon. Typically, there are international students that train here in the Winter. Just

hoping that the weather starts warming up. McCormicks also has a cableski, which should be

a fun diversion to try. Located in Seffner, FL about 15 miles East of Tampa.

• Baller
@spartanskier10 also off topic, but as a former collegiate skier who is still in college, kudos to your team efforts… my dissertation supervisor, a Michigan State alumni, asked me if there was water skiing there… "YES SIRRR" haha B)

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
@skibug , we don't have any skis to test currently but I'll get hold of the the powers that be at MC Skis and see if we can get some. For the record if you do want to try one Boris has a lake in Clermont to do just that. Having said that we'd still love to have you here. I'm going to off topic myself for this one

• Baller_

If you are on a budget, Lucky's may be your best bet. He has on site accommodations and will often make a package price for you. College kids have also been known to camp there. You may be there with kids from other schools and that could be fun. Other than McCormacks', there aren't many ski schools that also offer on-site housing for more than a few skiers. Lucky is also set up for three event, which may or may not be important for you.

If you are looking to make a circuit of sites, we would love to have you join us at LaPoints. No matter where you go, it is probably a good idea to book early if you have a number of skiers as all the schools tend to be pretty busy in the spring.

Lpskier

• Administrators

@lpskier for not carefully reading the post you are replying to

http://media.tumblr.com/fe497dd337d9af8479bb6398b9565d16/tumblr_inline_mg6n5ltl6X1rxe4lt.gif

• Baller

@Luzz sure is! Looking to qualify for D1 nationals for the 5th consecutive year. Not to shabby for a team that gets 6 months of skiing a year!

On the topic of locations, housing isn't necessary. Many of the places listed thus far are ones we've looked into, just interested in hearing about personal favorites. Any coaching is good coaching for us...