The Boarding School welcomes Freddie Winter as new slalom coach

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2017/freddie_winter.jpg

The Boarding School, located in Orlando, Florida, officially welcomes its newest team member, Freddie Winter. Freddie will be heading up the ski program that Travis Moye started at The Boarding School five years ago.

The Boarding School is situated on three private lakes on the east side of Orlando. With slalom courses on two of the three lakes, it is a skier’s dream. One course faces North/South and the other, East/West. No matter what Mother Nature has in store, there is always at least one lake that is perfect. With connecting lakes, it gives skiers the rare opportunity to run multiple courses without dropping. To top that off, they have a 2017 MasterCraft ProStar and a full line of Radar Skis to demo while you are there.

Freddie Winter originally hails from across the pond in London, England. He started skiing at the age of six and won his first National Title by the age of 11. As the saying goes, “the rest is history.” At the age of 26, Freddie is currently ranked number two in the world. He has his sights set on moving to number one, and winning the World Championship this year.

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2017/freddie_winter_2.jpg

“If you have ever met Freddie, you know that he is incredibly focused and determined to reach his goals on and off the water,” says Travis Moye, owner of The Boarding School. “You also quickly notice that he likes to have a good time, ultimately making him a great fit for The Boarding School. We are extremely excited to have him as part of the family to continue our ski program.”

Freddie has coached at several clubs throughout his career and has traveled the world doing clinics, but is ready to officially call TBS home. “I couldn’t be more excited to be joining The Boarding School family. It’s the perfect place for a skier at any level to develop their abilities, and I’m looking forward to contributing to that progression. It’s no coincidence I came here to reach the next level of skiing.”

If you would like to take a trip to The Boarding School, you can visit their website, www.theboardingschool.com or contact them at 407 484 5525.

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2017/ProStarTBS.jpg

• Baller_

I skied with Freddie and Manon yesterday. Great kids and very easy around the dock. I imagine a week skiing at the Boarding School would not only help your skiing but be a very pleasant time as well. Of course the Boarding School site has great conditions and is protected in almost any wind. Located on the East side of Orlando, if you are staying in the Cocoa Beach area, it's the closest site, about 35 minutes from the coast.

I also have to say that every time I see skiers on MC skis (both Freddie and Manon), I'm very impressed with the product. The ski works very well for both of them.

Lpskier

• Baller

Mark...always. And, I have only been here for 7 years, but I can promise you, that we have put as much work as ANYONE has in to that place! We are constantly working on and improving the property. We have brought it a long way. It literally looks like a park now.

WaterSkier12...you let us know if you'd like to head this way.

• Baller
Shout out to @theboardingschool for a great site and @FWinter for great coaching! It is a treat skiing with the Champ!! Really enjoyed time there, and looking forward to another set. The staff Jimmy (and helper, sorry forgot name) even got my rental car running after it died... full service organization for sure !! Don't pass it up if you have the chance.

• Baller
@"Keith Menard" if you are just looking to ski and not as concerned with coaching it is hard to beat Lapoint Ski Park. It is close to Disney and the rates are very affordable. If you want coaching there Kris Lapoint is available. I have skied there several times and it is a great spot and very affordable. I have never seen a gator there but I am sure there are some around.

• Baller

@"Keith Menard" We are about 35-40 minutes from Disney. It's a really easy drive though. Please let me know if you have any questions.

@skihart We are around then. We prefer to book dates/times ahead of time. Feel free to give me a call, text, or email. Thanks.

Travis

407 484 5525

travis@theboardingschool.com