Centurion Barefoot 16' OB

ALPJr

• Baller
I owned a 1988, which I suspect was newer than that one. However, a great all purpose boat. Lots of space and goes like hell. Also tracks well (double tracking fins in the front and the outboard in the back do a lot for tracking! Slalom wakes small, but firm. I skied mine in the course for years before I got my first inboard in 2000. Kept it in storage for a few years after that because I couldn't bring myself to part with it, knowing I'd never have one of those again. Finally sold it to a barefooter from Illinois. Fun as hell!

• Baller
The early ones were just Chrysler tech rebranded. After a while, Brunswick bought Force and moved production to Fond du Lac alongside Merc and Mariner. Quality improved somewhat, but they were never on par with their brethren. Think they killed the brand around y2k or so so parts may be harder to locate as well.

From my understanding, Force motors were rated at the head, whereas other brands are at the prop. You lose a certain amount of hp thru the drivetrain like a car. So a "70hp" force might perform like a "60hp" Merc.

which was a reason I think they were less expensive for the "same" model, i.e., a 70hp merc and 70hp force.