MB Sports 210

bstphen24

Anyone skied one? Are there any differences between the 210 and a direct drive B-52 of the late '90's? They appear to be the same hull with different graphics/options, but not 100% sure. I have heard the the MB 190 ski pretty well but have not heard anything about the 210 and can't find to much info on them.

These are the two boats in question:

LINK 1

LINK 2

• Baller

@bstephen24

I have a 2002 190 Plus. I honestly didn't know they made a 210.

It's been a great towboat. The quality of components is equal to anything out there, IMHO. The best feature has to be the rear locker that can store at least 8 slalom skis, vest and ropes. There's nice little touches like cargo netting thoughtfully place to hold soap bottles, wet gloves, etc.

Wakes are very smooth with little spray at short-line.

You can always go with one of the big three, but it strikes up a conversation when you drive up in something unique and exclusive. Think, everyone at Bike Night has the same chromed out Harley and you ride up on a vintage, pristine BMW. :)

Check out some of the WaterSki magazine reviews. They generally rave about them.

LINK

Hope this helps,

RPG

• Baller

The in laws had a 1998 MB Boss 210 from about 2004 until 2014. Had a GT-40, was fast enough to double barefoot and enough oomph to pull out the entire family at once, 4 skiers and 2 wakeboarders.

Was nicely appointed with good storage, boat size and storage made the wake a little bigger than the SN196 I now have. Only open water rec skiing at that time so have little reference. Fat sacks and tower made it excellent for mid-advanced wakeboarding and surf.

Replaced the transmission around 150 hrs, was a common failure for that transmission and not really reflective of the boat. Also had some fuel delivery issues related to junk in the gas tank, again not representative of the boat.

Overall was a very sound and solid boat, we considered purchasing it but decided to go a different way.

• Baller
Really nice boats well made as other have stated, both will ski very respectfully if not too loaded down. The B52 is a nice cross over I believe the main difference between the 210 and B52 was the addition of ballast tanks under the floor and the black and white graphics.... the 99 looks really clean and well cared for. Good Luck

• Baller
We own a '97 Boss 200 LS with a GT-40. My biggest complains with it would be the spray (even at -22 in a slight headwind you get pelted) and a slight rooster tail (which is somewhere between -15 and -22 but closer to -22 if that makes sense). On the plus side, the boat is extremely well made as others have commented on. I will say though that support from the company is next to impossible to get as they don't make ski boats anymore. We tried to contact them at one point and the people we talked to hardly even acknowledged that they even made that boat let alone had any information on it. I know this sounds like a negative review, it's not meant to. I love skiing behind the boat and it's very well built and is one of the best looking boats around IMO. I've heard the rumour that they bought the previous generation's Prostar molds for these boats? Can't confirm that though.