Ski Lake for Practice

SkibumOSU

Hi,

I'm going to be living in Groton, CT, from May through December. I'm looking for ski lakes to practice at in Connecticut and neighboring states, especially lakes with access to a ramp. Please let me know if you know of a lake in this area that has open membership slots.

Thanks!

• Baller
@SkibumOSU I don't know if they are taking new members, but you look to be about 75 minutes from Old Farms Skiers in Avon, Ct. They have a fantastic site and have developed numerous national- and world-level jumpers, including Alex Lauretano, Dana Hinman, Quinn and Hutch Haines, and Danny Zeisler. Great site, even better people. They also have 3+ tournaments a year for you to hit.

• Baller

Best as I know,the only jump site in CT. They even have Splasheye set up there. They

have had at least one Regionals. 6-buoy Slalom with tight approaches. Next closest

jump site is in Oakham, MA, where they have about 2 tournaments a year.

• Baller
@SkibumOSU the Nipmuc Waterski Club in Webster MA has a ramp and a few active jumpers. It's a fairly straight shot from Groton heading north on I-395. Also a couple nice slalom sites with public ramps in eastern CT. Send me a PM anytime.