Radar BallOfSpray Cash Prize at San Marcos - CANCELED

Horton

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@APB Goode no heritage and not authentic? Dude, the 9100, the 9700, the MidRides, the Nano and years of heavy support for tournament skiing. I love Radar and am a Radar skier but the only "heritage" ski they have had so far is the Vapor.

I am not a Goode lover or hater but recognize and respect what they have done and do for the sport. Eating our own is not good for the sport in any way. We need to be fair to those that support us.

"an already stale competitive environment" Over 600 AWSA Nationals competitors and thousands at local AWSA competitions, with their time and money, seem to disagree. I encourage you to join AWSA and come ski a tournament or two. Join the party and you might find you like it, perhaps you may bring ways for us to improve. It is certainly better that the beach/dock/keyboard.

• Baller
I have spent more money supporting USA Water ski over the years, skiing tournaments and nationals all over. My son has five gold medals from nationals, worth about 2 dollars each. We decided about 4 years ago we were done. We ski for fun now. It wasn't worth the endless dollars spent. Boats, motorhome, lake, and all the travel. Don't get me wrong, we had fun but not much in return.

• Baller

I always ski for fun including when skiing tournaments. My son is the same age as @randy meny son and has been beaten soundly by him at regionals and nationals. This didn't diminish our enjoyment of attending those events and are some of my son's favorite times.

We are skiing less tournaments now as my son is focused on playing lacrosse in college and I haven't been healthy. I plan to get back to it next year however and continue to focus on qualifying for nationals.

I don't expect anything from it except for some enjoyment.