Underarm chafing

Waternut

• Baller

I'm curious if other people have this issue and if so what do you do about it?

Last year I really started skiing a lot more consistently between 28-35off and getting in much better form. I also had just gotten a new Checkmate vest and was getting a little bit of chaffing on the inside of my arms where they touch the vest. I figured it was the vest but it wasn't bad unless I did 2 sets on Saturday and then 2 more on Sunday. Then I could start to feel it and could see some rashes forming but it wasn't terrible....maybe just a hair painful if I ran hot water over it shortly afterwards. So I decided this year to get an Eagle Bird of Prey vest figuring that would fit better and ease my chafing. I was incredibly wrong! The fit is awesome. However, a day on open water on Saturday (short runs) and 2 sets on Sunday and my arms were actually starting to bleed a little.

One friend saw the rashes and recommended a rash guard but most of those have the seams under the arm where I'm getting chafed so I doubt that would help.

• Baller_
Your underarms will build a little callous and you'll be fine once you get used to it. My favorite vest does the same thing. Rash guard is a great band aid. You can wear it under or over your vest. Or a heater top. But alternate with a top and without so you build up the underarm callous.

Lpskier

• Baller_
Rash guard long sleeve. Straightline vest (please someone start making it again) does the same thing. On the plus side it says that your arms are not getting seperated from your vest from the pull ...so that's good!

• Baller
Took one set last summer without a heater top or rash guard and immediately noticed the same thing. I wear an undershirt of some type every time. My favorite is a very worn out old Oneill gooru short sleeve heater that doesn't really heat anymore.

Rash guard helps (I too have this issue). However I switched vests to the new HO Syndicate vest and it is a different material than the standard neo. I have had zero issue with this problem since switching. Might be worth looking into - however it is a comp vest - so it does not have much flotation in it.