New Melones lake (Ca.) needs a course

• Baller

This Saturday the New Melones waterski club will have the 1st meeting in a long time due to the drought that has emptied the states 5th largest reservoir. Currently the lake is 82% (or so) full and rising with the massive snow pack starting to melt fast! There is a perfect spot for a course tucked away and protected on the south end, the big however, is the old course is destroyed and needs to be replaced.

The biggest bummer is there are very few people interested in the club left to participate in the expenses and labor it will take to get a course in the water. I will attend and pitch in as well as help in any way I can, however, in the past 4 years I have enjoyed the private lake experience and will continue to spend most of my time there with the goal of running -32 this year!

Yesterday a fellow skier brought up a used course or reaching out here for ideas to build a new one on a budget for the deep water floating type on Melones? Any tips, links or leads to what is needed is appreciated and will be passed on to those in charge of the club, thanks!

Lastly, anyone in the Bay to Sacramento area in need of a site I can put you in touch with the folks to get a membership.

Don

• Baller
I second what @cragginshred said. I recently spoke with the club treasurer about their financial situation regarding a new course. They could definitely use help. They have a great location and dock, but the old course is in dire need of replacement. Memberships are not expensive and its a great group of people who just like to ski.

• Baller
I used to go there a few times a year and camp. My buddy lives fairly close. Likely head out a few times this year now that the water is back. You can put be down as a helper. I think I have some magnets if you need them . I'll have to check on that.

@cragginshred Far West Water Ski Club out of Nacimiento might be able to help you guys. I've already started the conversation and got good feed back. If you want to message me I will give you my phone number and we can see if we can get you guys skiing up there again!