Lake Rose

lpskier

• Baller
@Mark_Matis lake rose looks pretty small. @lpskier is a good bit bigger. I drive by that lake often and have noticed the course, hadn't noticed a ramp though. My daughter has a friend that lives on that lake. Not tooo much the same neighborhood tho. The 1st is up in Winter Park. 2nd down near windermere/gotha.

• Baller
@Mark_Matis There should be a rule against having more than one lake with the same name in the same area. Can be confusing to those in the area too. I guess being in the right neighborhood is relative.....depends on perspective of being in another part of the country, or in the orlando area.

• Baller
I know the Lake Rose @lpskier is referring to, plenty big enough for a jump. It has an Orlando mailing address so maybe when @Mark_Matis puts in "Lake Rose Winter Garden" the closest match is Winter Park.

• Baller
Kent Garner from way back lived on the point in the middle....and Peter Fleck (other side od lake) although Pete didn't jump much on it as i remember. Kent and Brother Jeff were really good 3 eventers, and Kent was a Sea World skier as well. Jump wasn't out there that long. The lake level would go down really bad some years, it even split in 2 one time. Kent , of course, was most famous for being a UCF SKI TEAM MEMBER!!!! WOOOHOOO!. Go Knights!!!!!!

• Baller
Plenty big enough for jump. My Lake Rose experience was from ~90-99. Never seen a jump nor heard of one from a long time resident. Rarely ever heard or seen someone skiing even to this day. Phenomenal bass and speck fishing though. In fact if I still had access to that lake I probably wouldn't be skiing rather still fishing.